Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with dp for waking me up?

(8 Posts)
wrinklytum Sat 01-Aug-09 17:01:22

I was on nights last night and dp came banging and barging around the bedroom at 11.30 this morning,having slept until 11ISH downstairs.(He is poorly and has to sleep in chair.The carer has had dcs this am and sil had them overnight and i picked them up after work.)Got to bed 9 ish.

It woke me up and I have since been unable to get back to sleep.

I have listened to a few plays on r7 in the hope of sending me off.I got up at 1 for an hour and spent a bit of time with dcs.I tried reading a book.

All to no avail.I am realllytired but just couldn't nod off.

I am on nights tonight.

I am very peed off.

AIBU?

shootfromthehip Sat 01-Aug-09 17:06:57

No YANBU.

I was up with DS and the cats last night <<don't aske emoticon>>. I ended up in the spare room with DS until 7.45 am. At 8.30 am DH came in to the room and said 'DS is watching a video' with a wicked glint in his eye. I said 'so what are you doing in here?' and turned over and tried to go back to sleep.

Unfortunately I was so angry about DH trying to be a sex pest rather than let me lie-in, I couldn't go back to sleep. Have been awake since and am knackered. Bawbag. So I am totally with you on the being woken up bit. Boo.

bigchris Sat 01-Aug-09 17:10:27

yanbu
i cant imagine anything worse than working nights so you are a saint in my book

shootfromthehip Sat 01-Aug-09 17:12:46

aske? meh. Ask blush

cheshirekitty Sat 01-Aug-09 17:16:21

YANBU. He is being a total selfish pig (and thats probably an insult to pigs).

What time do you go into work tonight?

Did nights for years myself. Do not envy you working tonight with only 2 hours sleep.

UnquietDad Sat 01-Aug-09 17:21:55

It's very difficult when your sleep patterns don't match.

Neither DW nor I "work nights", in the strict sense, but she has a conventional day-job and goes to bed early and gets up early, while I like to go to bed late as I often work into the small hours. In term-time I need to get up to see to DS and DD, but in school holidays I get up later. We both have about the same amount of sleep (6-7 hours).

Invariably, she thinks I am "crashing about" when I come to bed, and I think the same about her when she is getting up (the slamming of the under-bed drawers is a particular bugbear). Needless to say, we are both actually aware that the other is having their sleep-time and are trying to tiptoe with fairy footsteps. It just may not sound like it to someone who is not in full REM sleep.

cheshirekitty Sat 01-Aug-09 17:28:06

Unquietdad - no way should her husband have come into the bedroom at 11.30 when he knew his dw had gone to bed at 9am. I think your situation is totally different to the op's.

CyradisTheSeer Sat 01-Aug-09 22:31:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now