Talk

Advanced search

to tell my neighbour to shut up?

(11 Posts)
Chulita Fri 31-Jul-09 20:49:30

The woman next door can't talk to her kids - she shouts at the top of her lungs in the angriest voice I've ever heard, swearing at them and threatening all kinds of crap. The kids, (2 boys about 5yrs and 2yrs I reckon) get this all day, everyday. At the moment she's on another scream session and I can hear her witchy voice going on and on. She did this yesterday evening for about 5 hours, she does it during the day, on a sunny day if they're in the garden that's all we hear...she's nice as pie to us but I am so pissed off with listening to her horrible screaming I'm very close to ringing her doorbell and telling her to shut up...AIBU?

lockets Fri 31-Jul-09 20:51:24

Message withdrawn

twoluvlykids Fri 31-Jul-09 20:54:17

YANBU. I have a similar problem with my neighbour.

It's all peaceful when just Mum is home with the dc's, but the Dad has a terrible temper and really swears at them.

But I'm close to ringing ss some days - now the eldest is 8, guess what he method of communication is - yep, shouting.

Chulita Fri 31-Jul-09 21:02:01

The mum's the worst which is crap cos she's a SAHM, I use "mum" in the loosest possible terms. I've heard her shouting at her kids at 11pm to 'get the fuck in bed' - because that's how you treat a 2 year old isn't it? It makes me so angry cos the boys are really sweet but they do shout all the time, that's how they think you communicate

Chulita Fri 31-Jul-09 21:03:06

The mum's the worst which is crap cos she's a SAHM, I use "mum" in the loosest possible terms. I've heard her shouting at her kids at 11pm to 'get the fuck in bed' - because that's how you treat a 2 year old isn't it? It makes me so angry cos the boys are really sweet but they do shout all the time, that's how they think you communicate

Chulita Fri 31-Jul-09 21:04:49

argh - internet's falling over and now I've double posted...hmm...maybe I'll put the headphones on and watch supernanny repeats

Tiredmumno1 Fri 31-Jul-09 21:36:24

Has it gone quiet yet. Is the dh there during the day to?

Chulita Fri 31-Jul-09 21:40:22

It's been quiet for about 10 mins but it'll start up again. The dad works shifts so sometimes he's in, sometimes not but he can't control his temper either so it's no better. I haven't seen him around for about 10 days though so who knows where he is...they said they were moving out this month but today the mum brought home a guinea pig run so looks like that's off.

giraffesCantRunA10k Fri 31-Jul-09 21:40:44

"Threatening all kinds of crap" at a 2 and 5yr old is emotional abuse, it sounds like this is not a one off stressful day. If you have concerns for these childrens emotional welfare then report them to ss/nspcc and she can get some help.

Boys2mam Sat 01-Aug-09 01:03:15

I have acquaintances like this and its hard to remain civil at times. They have SS intervention ongoing so I have to watch and hope that things turn out ok.

Chulita Sat 01-Aug-09 08:23:23

It's a tricky one - if she was hitting them I'd report her without hesitating but because it's just shouting it seems a big step. But then it is emotional abuse; they've been living there for over 18 months and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have never heard her say anything to the boys in a normal tone. She's either shouting or she's irritated with them. The last two evenings have been spectacularly bad, I think I'm going to pop over next time she's about to explode from screaming at them and ask if she needs any help. I might get punched in the face but then again she might really be struggling...I don't really want to help her but winding her up won't help her mood

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now