Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit disgruntled with my dh???

(24 Posts)
Greensleeves Thu 30-Jul-09 18:45:25

I am STILL languising in a pool of pus/snot/ordure after over 4 weeks of lergy

I msn's dh earlier to say "how did your offotball game go" and "what time will you be home" and "what shall we do about food tonight"

we agreed that we couldn't be arsed to cook, we are both exhausted and wanted to have something quick/easy and get the kids to bed a bit earlier as they have been up late for several nights

he said he might go to the chippy but would definitely pick up something quick and easy on his way home through town

So he arrives home 45 minutes later with a pile of raw ingredients and starts farting about chopping raw chicken and peeling spuds and dicking around with bloody raw peapods etc

apparently he "didn't fancy" any of the less time-consuming options after all

which I might add would ordinarily be lovely - we do eat decent food most of the time, generally cooked and prepared by me but he does cook too. It's because I am ill and we are all knackered that we agreed something less virtuous but quicker would be better.

but it's going to be 7.45 at the earliest before any of us see any food, the kids have been driving me wild all day and now I am stuck looking after them (and they're hungry as well) while he takes his sweet time in the goddamn kitchen angry

and you can bet your ass he will come over all injured if I say anything, because I am supposed to be GRATEFUL he is 'cooking a meal'

Gah. Fuckarse.

Greensleeves Thu 30-Jul-09 18:47:40

shit typing, sorry

LuluMaman Thu 30-Jul-09 18:49:26

have some toast

a glass of wine for medicinal purposes and lie on the sofa, feign sleep if necessary

ordure?? bleee

grin

sorry you are still feeling shite though

Greensleeves Thu 30-Jul-09 18:50:54

I don't want toast, I want to punch him [unreasonable]

and I can't have wine, I'm on antibiotics

and the kids are naked wrestling on my sofa sad

nickytwotimes Thu 30-Jul-09 18:51:35

Yanbu.
At time like these, you need crappy food and you need it now. You do not need a nutritionally balanced meal that will not be ready until nearly eight. You need junk!

Greensleeves Thu 30-Jul-09 18:52:24

ds1 just came to me telling tales, ds2 is screaming - I said loudly

"boys, go and fight in the kitchen so that Daddy can deal with you, Mummy has had enough" grin

MadameCastafiore Thu 30-Jul-09 18:52:46

Ring Dominos and feed yourself and the kids.

dinkystinky Thu 30-Jul-09 18:53:09

Greensleeves - send the kids in to help him in the kitchen (claim they want to be the naked chef wink) and retire to the sofa with the biggest bar of chocolate you can find.

YANBU when you agreed on a quick takeaway option..

LuluMaman Thu 30-Jul-09 18:54:31

go and sleep in the car

i know DH is trying to be helpful, but a bowl of hot and sour soup and a vegetable chow mein would have been fine !! and quick

purpleduck Thu 30-Jul-09 18:55:37

Give them beans on toast and let them go to bed.

Dragonesque Thu 30-Jul-09 18:57:15

Loved the term 'dicking around with raw bloody pea-pods' grin

Am sorry, I understand you feel crap, but if my DH dicked around with ANYTHING in the kitchen I would be happy!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 30-Jul-09 19:05:09

DH does this. He agrees that he can't be arsed to cook, and neither can I. So I say I'll order pizza 'oh in that time I could go to Sainsbury's, buy food and cook it.
By the time I've got to ordering point, I don't want proper food, I want junk. And I certainly don't want to have to load the dishwasher and wipe up the kitchen afterwards.

YANBU.

Greensleeves Thu 30-Jul-09 22:32:07

we had to bin all the broccoli after ripe green caterpillars fell out of mine and ds2's

amid much overblown wailing and gnashing of teeth from yours truly

it was beautiful

[doesn't get mad gets even]

grin

Greensleeves Fri 31-Jul-09 01:33:20

I only meant to do a little light ebaying before retiring and I seem to have spent nearly £100 shock

that'll teach the narcoleptic fucker to pass out at 11.30

him and his worm-ridden crucifera

[hic]

EachPeachPearMum Fri 31-Jul-09 01:45:46

Oh Greeny... can't believe you aren't better yet sad
yes... my dh does this sometimes... I just have toast...

Greensleeves Fri 31-Jul-09 10:35:49

I know eachpeach, I am SO fed up with coughing and snot

bloody relatives arriving today as well, grrrrr

EachPeachPearMum Fri 31-Jul-09 11:28:27

what did you buy? [nosy]

I am strangely drawn to retro furniture atm... this

are rellies worried about contagion????

Greensleeves Fri 31-Jul-09 19:49:50

clothes blush

I saw a couple of things I liked and then sort of got carried away!

lovely stuff though, can#t wait for it to arrive grin

EachPeachPearMum Fri 31-Jul-09 19:54:04

grin I love receiving parcels... it's so exciting, even when you know what's coming...

Greensleeves Fri 31-Jul-09 19:58:14

I just did a big bloodstained vomit all over the floorshock

I am really fed up with this shit sad

but at least there will be parcels tomorrow!!

EachPeachPearMum Fri 31-Jul-09 20:03:32

Oh greeny... that is not good. Can you cancel relatives.

EachPeachPearMum Sat 01-Aug-09 22:15:10

How are you feeling today Greeny?

Greensleeves Sat 01-Aug-09 23:05:46

I am much better thanks eachpeach - still knackered and dizzy and generally feeling like a dishrag, but no more alarming effusions of grot grin

thanks for asking! x

EachPeachPearMum Sat 01-Aug-09 23:20:35

smile good to hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now