Talk

Advanced search

to think that more than one day's notice is generally required to produce FOUR costumes?

(8 Posts)
JohnnyTwoHats Thu 30-Jul-09 16:53:08

DD (6) has been doing a dance/drama/singing summer school this week, and there is to be a performance tomorrow. As there was no mention of costumes I assumed they were going to be provided. But my mum picked her up this afternoon and has just texted to say that she needs (for tomorrow at 9 am rehearsals) four costumes. Whistle Down The Wind, Grease, a white or pink tutu (snowflake) and Jackson Five. I reckon i can just about conjure up a tutu and some sort of Whistle Down The Wind costume, but Jackson Five? Grease? Who the hell has this sort of stuff lying around?

I wouldn't have been enraged if they had just given us more notice- she has been going all week, surely they could have mentioned it then?

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRggggghhhh

LaurieFairyCake Thu 30-Jul-09 16:56:10

black leggings/black t-shirt for Grease

yanbu

MoonIsATiredSlayer Thu 30-Jul-09 17:02:45

or pink t-shirt for a girl with a little pink cardi over her shoulders?

Whistle down the wind - wtf?

MoonIsATiredSlayer Thu 30-Jul-09 17:03:04

sorry YANBU, I would be doing my nut.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 30-Jul-09 17:07:59

Dear God.

I have recollections of my Mum manufacturing costumes late at night for years. She had one fantastic pair of brown curtains that were pressed into service as a peasant girl skirt, a monk habit and a knight's cloak - not all at once I hasten to add

Grease - full skirt and little cardi with pumps and a hairband? (I'm thinking of the preppy one, can't remember her name)

No idea for Jackson 5 - something sparkly??

JohnnyTwoHats Thu 30-Jul-09 18:07:17

Right. Sorted. I think.

Whistle down the wind- NEW (grr) navy tea dress from Boden which is far too big (so quite long) and a red shawl

Grease- fifties style dress and a hideous gold 'leather' jacket which my mum bought. At least its come in useful for something- it has been hiding lost for some time.

Pink tutu ok

Jackson Five- bloody hell. Purple velour tracksuit bottoms, pink vest top and sparkly siver shrug, curly wig
<pathetic>

Am I doing ok do you think?
Am so cross, am total control freako so if I had had all week DD would have had FAB costumes.

Pikelit Thu 30-Jul-09 18:29:43

You've done good. Very good and no YANBU.

I still get cross when I remember ds1's Year 7 Fiasco of a Performance (only one he ever did) of Noyes Poxey Fludde! Day before dress rehearsal I get phone call from mother of child who is also a cat. Teacher (who hasn't bothered to tell me that costumes aren't being supplied by school) has assured other parent that I'll have no difficulty getting 2 costumes together because "she does costumes all the time". A statement that contains some elements of truth but avoids the important fact - "but never without warning". Worse, all sorts of demands for proper (ie.papier mache) heads had been made.

JohnnyTwoHats Thu 30-Jul-09 18:35:25

Did you get papier mache cat head made in time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now