Talk

Advanced search

To get back out of bed and back on MN rather than lay in bed listening to the twat next door?

(18 Posts)
GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 00:59:07

Playing on his computer games?

Even though i won't know when he's finished because i can't hear it down here?

GeekIsGood Thu 30-Jul-09 01:08:34

How annoying for you. Does he do it a lot or is this a one off?

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 01:13:59

About three times a week.

I posted about it another night under a namechange because i was worried his mum might read the thread and be annoyed i was discussing it, but now i don't give a crap hmm

GeekIsGood Thu 30-Jul-09 01:23:26

Ah. Didn't see that thread - have you exhausted all options e.g. asking politely/not politely, calling police, calling council?

I take it you know him as more than just a neighbour with your mention of his mum. I would still be kicking his arse about the noise though! He sounds about 12.

giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 30-Jul-09 01:26:49

I remember your other thread. I have set up my sofa bed in front room so I can watch TV. Can you put a song on repeat next door to him eg barbie girl by aqua?

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 01:31:06

LOL...haven't exhausted any options at all besides trying to wake him up in the morning (he usually sleeps until 11am) after he's done it...but tbh it hurts my head to do it that way!

GIG - he's over 30, def not 12! And i don't even know what he looks like, just i've lived here since March and before that my mum lived here.

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 01:33:07

Giraffes - Haven't got a sofa bed, otherwise that's a good idea, although a PITA to be permanent.

Reason i am hesistant is that i don't know if I'm the unreasonable one! Have done neighbour's noise threads in the past (other neighbours) and got told i am in the wrong.

MissSunny Thu 30-Jul-09 01:34:55

Message withdrawn

MissSunny Thu 30-Jul-09 01:35:34

Message withdrawn

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 01:36:57

Because IME no neighbour of mine has EVER EVER listened to a request, besides actually turning whatever they were doing down!

MissSunny Thu 30-Jul-09 01:44:10

Message withdrawn

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 01:48:40

I would do it tomorrow, as i am in my nightie with no underwear and the rest of the household is asleep blush

Lucky (!) DH is partially deaf so he can sleep through it.

Don't you think he might just say 'f*ck off' though? That's the reaction people tend to give!

GeekIsGood Thu 30-Jul-09 06:58:26

Try asking him, you never know. And if he tells you to get lost then you complain to the council noise team. Why not wait until DH is with you if you're worried?

RustyBear Thu 30-Jul-09 07:56:05

Actually I'd guess that a guy who is over 30, lives with his mum and plays computer games late at night is fairly unlikely to tell anyone to fuck off....

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 09:45:10

Hmm.

<apologies in advance if his mum is reading this, because i have no problem with you or your DH!>

Turns out actually he would be quite likely to tell me to eff off (not so sweary after a few hours kip grin).

DH had a quick word over the back garden wall with his parents, and they said they actually have been trying for years to get him to leave shock

He swears like a trouper, Very loudly (we hear every syllable through the wall), and all this time i've been thinking it was his dad blush Now i feel like such an idiot, into the bargain!

But they have said they'll have a word, though from the sound of it they're risking him trashing the house shock shock

Honestly we had no idea about this. I feel awful asking them to mention it now sad

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 09:47:36

Hmm.

<apologies in advance if his mum is reading this, because i have no problem with you or your DH!>

Turns out actually he would be quite likely to tell me to eff off (not so sweary after a few hours kip grin).

DH had a quick word over the back garden wall with his parents, and they said they actually have been trying for years to get him to leave shock

He swears like a trouper, Very loudly (we hear every syllable through the wall), and all this time i've been thinking it was his dad blush Now i feel like such an idiot, into the bargain!

But they have said they'll have a word, though from the sound of it they're risking him trashing the house shock shock

Honestly we had no idea about this. I feel awful asking them to mention it now sad

GodzillasBumcheek Thu 30-Jul-09 09:47:59

Sorry for the double post

cornsillk Thu 30-Jul-09 09:53:15

It might make him realise how unacceptable his behaviour is if you complain as well - you're probably doing his parents a favour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now