Talk

Advanced search

HEEEEEEEEELLPPPP........cannot take much more of this BS from TISCALI!!!!!

(7 Posts)
stilltryingtosell Wed 29-Jul-09 21:03:39

I am literally being driven insane.......
Surely after THREE AND A HALF MONTHS tiscali should have transferred my bloody effing broadband over from my old adress to my new one. I have rung them about twenty times and always have to explain every F***g thing to the person who is talking to me from another continent all over again. They just keep saying it will be another three weeks, another three weeks etc etc and NO-ONE can help me or explain what the difficulty is. And to top it off when I tried to cancel it last month on thr grounds that THEY were in breach of contract, I was told that I couldnt as my contract doesnt expire til september.

Oh sob sob sob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naturalblonde Wed 29-Jul-09 21:35:30

I would refer it to the ombudsman. And I would cancel any direct debit payments to them, as it sounds like they are in breach of contract.

Have had similar probs with ntl/virgin so I sympathise.

Littlefish Wed 29-Jul-09 21:49:49

That's ridiculous. I moved house on Friday 10th July. Once the BT line had been in service for 2 days, I phoned Orange (ie. on Tuesday 14th July. They sent the request to the BT exchange and our broadband went live on Tuesday 21st July.

I agree with naturalbloned - go to the ombudsman.

Littlefish Wed 29-Jul-09 21:50:19

naturalblonde - sorry!

providentielle Wed 29-Jul-09 22:38:53

I had massive problems with bt which were miraculously solved as soon as I contacted ofcom. They have a special number just for referrals from them that they gave me. That number was answered immediately shock and problem sorted same day.

lr2224 Wed 29-Jul-09 23:24:46

Might not work with Tiscali as not sure how big they are comparitvely to BT and Vodafone but....

BT line - moved into my house. After several muck ups, they still hadn't set up my line a couple of months later. I searched for email address for CEO and emailed. Got response from PA and line was up and running and I was compensated within 5 days.

following this I had problems cancelling a Vodafone contract. Did the same thing again and the same thing happened. Got a response instantly, line was cancelled and I was also compensated.

Maybe with Googling Tiscali CEO and see if you can do a similar thing. Worth a try!

HolyGuacamole Wed 29-Jul-09 23:30:19

I had a problem with Tiscali a few days ago which has been ongoing for about a month. By accident, I went through to the cancellations department and the girl solved my problem in less than 3 minutes! Couldn't believe it! And, she gave me a month free to compensate for my inconvenience! <was gobsmacked>

Apparently you can only get to speak to a British person if you are joining up or cancelling as they are the ones who are trying to get/keep your business.

Might be worth trying. Tell them you are at your absolute wits end, the girl I spoke to was fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now