Talk

Advanced search

to not have a clue what to do with my dd next week..... idea's please!

(8 Posts)
Crackopenthebaileys Wed 29-Jul-09 19:28:24

Hi all,

I don't post here very often, but I am quite sure that I can get some ideas from you all!

My dh is taking ds (9) to Chessington WOA next week, and I am staying home with dd(19m) as I feel the theme park would be very tedious for her.

I've been trying to think of something special for us to do. I am a childminder so it's very rare that we get a day just her and I, (I am on annual leave next week)

So, I have thought Farm, Soft Play, Paint a plate, etc, but I don't think I've hit on the idea yet.

I live in Egham, Surrey, and am willing to do 1/2 hour or so drive.

Any wonderful ideas? grin

PM73 Wed 29-Jul-09 19:42:49

Dont do soft play,i hate those places,do you have a farm near to you,or a zoo?

What about a picnic at the local park,take some bubbles & make your own fun.

IlanaK Wed 29-Jul-09 19:45:39

At 19 months old, any of those places would be a waste of time. I second a day in the park with a picnic, bubbles and mummy's full attention.

Stinkyfeet Wed 29-Jul-09 19:48:29

Try Lammas Park in Staines. She can go in the waterpark, feed the ducks. I think they've got a little ride-on train this year. Take a picnic.

squashedfrogs Wed 29-Jul-09 19:48:41

Alternatively could you all go to Chessington and while your dh & ds are going on the rides, you and dd can go to the zoo instead?

Crackopenthebaileys Wed 29-Jul-09 21:30:04

Yeah I like the Lammas, I wonder if the rainclouds will be hanging as menacingly as this week grin

A train you say... sounds cool!

Is there still a zoo in Chessington? I thought it was just rides now.

Crackopenthebaileys Wed 29-Jul-09 21:54:49

Thank you squashed frogs. I've had a look at the website and seen that yes they do have a zoo after all blush

So we will all go as you suggesed, and still have some family time which will be nice.

Thanks, I hope you all have a lovely summer break too

squashedfrogs Wed 29-Jul-09 22:13:18

I had to check that there was still a zoo before posting grin

Hope you have a good time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now