Talk

Advanced search

To change my mind about a sale

(6 Posts)
kazbeth Tue 28-Jul-09 21:34:14

I'm in the process of selling something and within minutes of accepting an offer I then received another bigger one (not ebay related at all). Would I be unreasonable to take the bigger offer (the difference is 25% which is not that trivial to us) or should I be fair and just go with the original one?

I think I should go with the original lower one but my husband wants me to say sorry we've had a better offer and accept the second one.

Issy2008 Tue 28-Jul-09 22:14:36

Oh go with your DH, you're perfectly within your rights to do it! You can always give the first buyer an option to increase their offer. Unless you have already verbally agreed to the lower, in which case depending on what you're selling the first buyer may claim a verbal contract.

Knickers0nMaHead Wed 29-Jul-09 09:52:35

yabu. You accepted the first offer. Not fair on that buyer really.

PrincessButtercup Wed 29-Jul-09 09:54:55

I'm always of the do-as-you-would-be-done-by camp on this type of dilemma...

MoontheMightyThreadKiller Wed 29-Jul-09 10:30:34

Is it a house by any chance?????

If the first offer was less than you had wanted to get originally then take the higher offer. It was only a matter of minutes so they can't have gone too far down the process of purchasing.

kazbeth Wed 29-Jul-09 11:34:44

No, it wasn't a house, nothing like that amount of money.

I've decided to stick with the first offer .. I'd feel guilty doing anything else .. this is why I'd never be good running a business

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now