Talk

Advanced search

.to be revolted by this blood !!

(32 Posts)
katiestar Tue 28-Jul-09 13:39:25

We were at the swimming pool earlier and a young girl of about 12 cut her foot , at the swimming pool.I have no idea ,and can't imagine what on.It was bleeding heavily and she was helped out of the water and round to the side of the pool to a chair where the first aider dealt with it.She had obviously left quite a trail of blood round the pool and where she was sitting on the poolside.
I was expecting an OTT ultra cautious clean up operation.But the guy just got buckets full of water .Emptied over the blood and brushed it all back in.
Surely this can't be right ?

marenmj Tue 28-Jul-09 13:40:44

is it a chlorinated pool?

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 28-Jul-09 13:40:53

Probably not, but when you think how many chemicals they stick in pools to ensure they are clean, it is unlikely to do any harm. It'll be very diluted anyway!

MadreInglese Tue 28-Jul-09 13:41:57

Have you any idea how much pee is in that pool and you're worried about a bit of blood?

SpawnChorus Tue 28-Jul-09 13:42:36

The water in public pools is constantly swilling around people's manky areseholes and fannies. I'm sure the chlorine kills off anything dangerous (from arseholes and blood. And bloody arseholes).

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Tue 28-Jul-09 13:42:47

it'll be because its red
katiestar doesn't like red wink grin

VinegarTits Tue 28-Jul-09 13:45:18

What was you expecting them to do? the pool contains chemicals that spot and bacteria spreading, so the pool water would be like a disinfectant anyway, you are already swimming in other peoples spit, sweat and piss, among other things

shouldweorshouldntwe Tue 28-Jul-09 13:46:54

I never go into swimming pools. The thought of all the dirt and germs and dirty arses gives me the creeps and I couldnt even imagine walking in the same tread around the pool bare footed where others have walked. YANBU

scottishmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 13:47:35

urine,snot,uncovered cuts and other bodily fluids in pool, i wouldnt worry about bit of blood

hope wee girl ok
and you katie need to worry less

FimbleHobbs Tue 28-Jul-09 13:48:42

I was planning on going swimming this weekend. Until I read this thread. Yuk!

Morloth Tue 28-Jul-09 13:56:34

I find it best not to think about what is in public pools. Covers ears and sings lalalalalalalala.

scottishmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 14:04:54

we were surrounded by germs and indeed colonise them on our bodies eg MRSA,Streptoccous

all normal commensal flora.
germs are a usefulk defence. Streptococci bacteria living in the mouth inhibit the growth of Streptococcus pneumoniae,which can cause pneumonia

one final thing [[http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7377002.stm computer keyboard dirtier than toilet],cold and norovirus can live on keyboard for hours/days

Meglet Tue 28-Jul-09 14:05:50

<<boak>> at spawnchorus's "manky arseholes and fannies" comment.

Thats me never swimming in a pool again.

scottishmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 14:09:04

your computer keyboard is dirtier than a toilet

take sensible precautions with hygiene yes,but dont freak out unnecessarily about germs.unless you are immuno-compromised then you have very little to worry about

even swine flu,simple soap and hot water ,covering mouth when sneezing will do the trick

VinegarTits Tue 28-Jul-09 14:09:46

<cleans keyboard with dettol surface wipes>

scottishmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 14:12:12

well at least it is 1st time some of those manky soap dodgin minges get a wash

what did you think was in the pool,fragrant rose water and svelte bodies?

MadEyeballsMoody Tue 28-Jul-09 14:14:32

Oh God. I am never ever ever going swimming again.

<<cue weeping and wailing from British Olympic team >>

katiestar Tue 28-Jul-09 14:14:34

LOL at spawnchorus. Yess i guess IABU when you thibnk of all the other bodily fluids in teh water .Its just that I kind of expected them to make some sort of pretence at cleaning it up IYKWIM.

KingCanuteIAm Tue 28-Jul-09 14:15:38

Trinty you made me spray coffee everywhere grin

katiestar Tue 28-Jul-09 14:18:19

Its like if you saw some toddler's piss pot being emptied in the pool , you would be a bit grossed out ,even though it is just the same as the toddler peeing in the water which I guess 99% of them do.

scottishmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 14:19:33

the chlorinated water has sanitising properties.

i am more grossed out that when analysis of bar snacks and those open salad carts/help yourself counters is undertaken the level of urine,snot,faeces is waaay scary

so since then i decline open bar snacks.

muggglewump Tue 28-Jul-09 14:22:16

YANBU.
This is why I don't go swimming. The thought of floating around amongst blood and snot and knob cheese gives me the boak.

scottishmummy Tue 28-Jul-09 14:27:29

i go specifically for a swim in the nob soup.most uplifting

dont mean to put the frighteners on any one but tbh there are millions of flora and germs we encounter daily
>on telephones
>on pc
>work surfaces
>prepared food
>close proximity of others
>from our children (they are little germ buses)

marenmj Tue 28-Jul-09 14:56:59

lol, knowledge of buggies cannot put me off!

besides, urine is pretty much sterile anyway. piss in the water is the least of a public pool's problems.

ShellingPeas Tue 28-Jul-09 15:11:54

Public swimming pools are essentially very large petrie dishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now