Talk

Advanced search

To expect him to be pleased for me, or offer words of encouragement

(8 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Tue 28-Jul-09 08:44:02

I have just been given for an interview for a job that I really really want.

It would COMPLETELY different than anything that I have ever done before and will need complete retraining. But, I KNOW that I can do it and would absolutely love it.

I have mentioned it to DH and I'm so chuffed I managed to get an interview, all I got was, I hope you get, said as if he couldn't be arsed because he was playing on the ds lite, with no encouragment, or anything.

I am so bloody pleased and nervous at the same time, it is something i've always wanted to do and never had the guts to go for,he knows this and I get nadda.

Colonelcupcake Tue 28-Jul-09 08:48:00

YANBU, I know exactly how you feel, I have done something similar and instead of encouragement he was like do you really think you will be able to do it? and I was so pissed.

Go for it and I really hope you get it

Good Luck

Personally I think that all computer games in the whole wide world should be piled up and burnt with strict laws forbidding the use of them.

Anyway.

YANBU BUT maybe he didn't want to get your hopes up or expectations by being to effusive?

Congratulations btw and hope you get it.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 28-Jul-09 08:48:32

tsk. Men. grin

Take the ds off him (he's too fecking old to be playing games anyway!) and tell him how you feel!

tbh. He probably wasn't really listening! They can do that. A part of their brain processes the information and comes up with a response that will be good enough to prevent further distractions (shut you up!) while the main part of them carries on with the game, totally unaware that they have been spoken to! grin It's true.

Lovemyshoes Tue 28-Jul-09 08:50:57

Thank you for your words of encouragment, and LOL hecatestwopenceworth, he has no chance of shutting me up grin

LBOF, I know what you mean about not wanting to get my hopes up, but, he could have said something about the fact that I've gone for something totally different to what I have done in all my years of working.

allaboutme Tue 28-Jul-09 08:51:03

Tell him again when he's not on the computer. Bet he says 'ooh you never told me that'
My DH answers me on auto pilot when on the laptop but not a word of it sinks in!

yeah i know clutching at straws and all that, I am trying to give men the benefit of the doubt today on MN. It's going to be a long day.

ChazsBarmyArmy Tue 28-Jul-09 13:19:59

All the best with your interview.

One tip - if you need DH to "agree" / "acknowledge" to something that you want e.g. its your turn for a lie in on the weekend or girl's night out etc. ask him when he is on the DS Lite. He will then say "Hmm, yes dear". If he objects later you can point out that you did mention it to him and he agreed (either that or he admits he wasn't listening wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now