Talk

Advanced search

To buy tesco value choccy biscuits for the builders?

(42 Posts)
HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 27-Jul-09 15:03:09

put them in a tupperware thing obv, so the wrapper isn't seen! grin

The amount of tea and biscuits they get through is amazing, am I being thrifty or tight as a gnats chuff?

kathyis6incheshigh Mon 27-Jul-09 15:04:18

Depends whether you would normally buy them for yourself!

MoontheMightyThreadKiller Mon 27-Jul-09 15:04:23

I don't think they would care one bit.

MoontheMightyThreadKiller Mon 27-Jul-09 15:05:20

why does it depend on what she would buy for herself kathy? If they taste alright they should be grateful she's giving them any biscuits quite frankly. They are there to do a job not to be fed!

MadEyeballsMoody Mon 27-Jul-09 15:05:43

I think that's ok. Do you mean choc digestives or bourbon type things? Haven't tried the latter but this year we changed our basic biscuits (bourbons, custard creams, nice etc) to Tesco stripey and they're fine, no difference at all, especially when dunked in tea and about 35p a packet.

Go for it.

Lovemyshoes Mon 27-Jul-09 15:05:50

No not at all. Some of them don't taste bad, I love the custard creams and bourbons.

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 27-Jul-09 15:06:06

What, buy value biscuits for myself? No. I don't buy any biscuits, sweets, crisps etc. We never have anything like that in the house.

(If they're not there, they can't be gorged on by me or kids!!)

No, moon. probably not I suppose. they do look nasty though! (biscuits not builders!)

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 27-Jul-09 15:06:26

Well, I would only give what I was prepared to eat myself. However my friend swears that the value ones are as good as any.

Also, most customers don't provide biscuits so I am sure they are very welcome - even if they are value grin

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 27-Jul-09 15:06:43

digestives, MadEyeballs.

MamaG Mon 27-Jul-09 15:07:08

God I got a right bollocking on here for having "builders cups"

Nancy66 Mon 27-Jul-09 15:07:41

...i bet they all take 3 sugars too.

Builders seem to hate skimmed milk (the red one) , so if you only have this in they don't tend to take you up on many offers of a cuppa.

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 27-Jul-09 15:07:48

I fear I have a touch of the Hyacinth Bucket about me! blush

Sagacious Mon 27-Jul-09 15:08:10

I only buy value biscuits nowadays

IMO if the OP has been doleing out her Duchy Originals and then switches to a tub of market broken biscuits it might be a bit off, but value choccie biscuits sound fine.

They don't have to eat them

GeorgeTheSlitheen Mon 27-Jul-09 15:08:17

I buy the value ones for us !

They are yummy and only 37p or something.

MoontheMightyThreadKiller Mon 27-Jul-09 15:08:58

Prepared to eat and buy for yourself are two completely different things! I wouldn't give something that I wouldn't eat myself but sometimes I buy myself very nice things that I certainly wouldn't want to share around grin.

girlywhirly Mon 27-Jul-09 15:09:05

Put them loose in a container, it will look generous as you will be able to give them twice as many of the value ones!

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 27-Jul-09 15:09:07

oh, I do only have skimmed milk! The kids drink PINTS of the stuff and I worry about the fat content! Do builders really want full fat milk?

Although if they hate the stuff, it might mean they work instead of have a tea break every half an hour! grin

Sagacious Mon 27-Jul-09 15:09:30

I have builders mugs

(comes from having a new build and being surrounded by a builders site for a year)

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 27-Jul-09 15:09:46

moon - I can't speak on Kathy's behalf, but my pov is if you are giving, give because you want to and don't begrudge it. Workman aren't second class citizens, so I wouldn't give them cack just because 'they're only for the builder'.

mrswoolf Mon 27-Jul-09 15:10:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sagacious Mon 27-Jul-09 15:10:46

Skimmed milk in tea is just wrong .. needs to be semi skimmed (organic natch)

Come now there are rules people !

MoontheMightyThreadKiller Mon 27-Jul-09 15:10:51

I have builders mugs but the ones I have nicked off a building site (I work in construction!) they're cool and covered with pictures of diggers, my DSs love them!

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 27-Jul-09 15:11:05

I don't begrudge it! We don't have any biscuits in the house at all. Ever. I am specifically buying biscuits only for the builders! Which is why I wondered if value ones were ok or if it was mean!

Sagacious Mon 27-Jul-09 15:12:37

I once gave a builder a Snow White mug

His mates ripped the piss out of him

So I had to butch it up a bit with star wars.

MoontheMightyThreadKiller Mon 27-Jul-09 15:12:43

ILTMI I work in the industry and the day the builders go out and buy ME nice biscuits I will return the favour! I am not a second class citizen either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now