Talk

Advanced search

to think dd is too old to be having a tantrum about going to bed....

(18 Posts)
bumpybecky Sun 26-Jul-09 20:57:31

FFS she's is 11! she's been yelling and stomping about now for over 20 minutes

DH is supposedly dealing with it hmm

legoprincess Sun 26-Jul-09 20:58:55

YANBU. What is it about?

Doobydoo Sun 26-Jul-09 21:00:24

Thank FECK...Thought we were the only ones.Ds1 is nearly 10 and has been hideous about going to bed for a good few months.His brother is 2 and goes to bed much better.
I am sorry it is blimmin awful,and not a nice way to end the evening.We have had to resort to sanctions.xx

Doobydoo Sun 26-Jul-09 21:01:09

Oh and sorry about the Thank bitblush
YANBU

bumpybecky Sun 26-Jul-09 21:06:46

I think it's because she wants to stay up late because it's the holidays. Only there's a back story (sorry!)...

last night she did stay up later, we started bedtime at 9pm she threw a huge strop as she was overtired, ended up going to bed in a foul mood and as always happens when she's that cross, she wet the bed. No one thought to tell me about it, I found the wet sheets this evening angry.

So I said bedtime was at 8.30pm (actually little bit after as she was finishing something on the computer) and the arguement started.

I've not threatened that tomorrow bedtime starts at 8pm - that's the same time as dd3 who is 4! dd2 (9) and dd3 both go to bed very well most nights, ds is a horror though (he's 18m)

Things have gone quiet now. I think she's probably plotting some nasty revenge.....

bumpybecky Sun 26-Jul-09 21:07:34

now threatened....

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Sun 26-Jul-09 21:09:35

wow i feel for you
in this house we are only waiting for gecko to get 'bedtime messing around' out of the way
she is 2.3

once they are 3 and a half ish, they just go
no arguments
thats it

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Sun 26-Jul-09 21:10:49

and my 9 year old goes at 7.30pm
4 and 3 year old at 7pm

have you taken away priviliges? (cant spell that)

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Sun 26-Jul-09 21:11:24

4 and 2 that should say

cat64 Sun 26-Jul-09 21:27:41

Message withdrawn

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 26-Jul-09 21:28:00

YIPPEEEEEEEE WOOOOHOOOOOO WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYY

Feel so much better now that I am not alone!!!

DS1 is 11 in 3 days time and has majorrrrrrrrrrrrr strops at bedtime.

bumpybecky Sun 26-Jul-09 21:36:57

it's not a primary / secondary thing as we've got the (stupid) three tier system, so she's just completed her second year of 4 at middle school. It might be hormones, but the stroppiness has been going on for so long now (at least 3 years!) that I think maybe it's a personality thing!

I've said we'll have a discussion tomorrow morning, there's no point trying when she's so wound up. Staying up later is one of her privilidges (I can't spell it either!) well it was until she started acting like a 3 year old anyway....

It's good to know it's not just her though! blush

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 26-Jul-09 21:41:56

Becky, the bedtime strops have been going on about 3 yrs for us as well.

My DSs aged nearly 13 and nearly 10 both have major strops at bedtime, doing anything they can to stay up a little longer, they think because it's the holidays they should be able to stay up as long as they like. They can stay up a little longer but not as late as they fancy. I need some peace and quiet.

YANBU to think that she is too old, but unfortunately there are alot of them going back to the terrible 2's at bedtime grin

What I want to know is when the hell do they grow out of it??

juuule Sun 26-Jul-09 21:48:46

I've found they get worse as they get older.
Once they reach their teens they think they're all grown up and should be able to stay up.

Fortunately, we're not that rigid with bedtimes anyway and don't mind too much as long as they're not grumpy the next day.

Saucepanman Mon 27-Jul-09 16:41:24

Trinity- is Gecko 3?! shock

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Mon 27-Jul-09 23:59:58

no she is 2 years, 5 months

I put 2.3 earlier, forgot time moves on lol

Tortington Tue 28-Jul-09 00:08:29

nah - mine still stamps around at age 16

door slamming - thats a great thing too - somehow it sets me off with the giggles - which is not the correct way to handle irate teens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now