Talk

Advanced search

to get stressy at dd coz she refuses to have her ears pierced?

(39 Posts)
stitchtime Sun 26-Jul-09 15:14:20

LOL, cant believe i am so annoyed at her.
history
i had my ears peirced aged six, come from a society where girls ears are pierced young, but mom didnt want her baby girls poked with needles. she took us all to have them together when she found out about safer, in her opinion guns. had i not had them pierced then,i wouldnt have had them done later, as i am a wimp.

fast forward to dd. i dont want anyone poking holes into her. ds's have been told they can have their ears pierced age 35, but dd that she can have them done age 16, but i always felt that i would relent aged 11 if she really really wants them

then she finds out that i was six when i had mine done. so she wants hers. i dont. we end up getting me a second piercing to see how much it would hurt. on her insistence. she stood there, holding my hand, coz i didnt want them done, but she can be a bossy little miss. this was easter time. now its the summer holidays, and she has changed her mind. wont have them done. lol, now i 'm miffed that she made me have mine pierced, and wont have hers done. blush

BertieBotts Sun 26-Jul-09 15:16:24

hmm

elvislives Sun 26-Jul-09 15:17:05

YABVU

suwoo Sun 26-Jul-09 15:17:24

Ha. Double hmm

FranSanDisco Sun 26-Jul-09 15:17:41

There's a clever little girl grin. She did her research and decided for herself. You should be proud of her so YABU LOL.

PrettyCandles Sun 26-Jul-09 15:17:49

THat really is quite a funny story. I'm sorry, but you have allowed your dd to totally twist you around her little finger. Honestly, who's the adult here?

Let that extra hole be a reminder that you are the captain of this ship, not your dd.

grin

Mumcentreplus Sun 26-Jul-09 15:17:52

Deathwish grin

ah well such is life..

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 26-Jul-09 15:19:01

Lol!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 26-Jul-09 15:19:47

Are you for real?

Ivykaty44 Sun 26-Jul-09 15:20:25

who is the adult and who is the child?

stitchtime Sun 26-Jul-09 15:22:42

LOL
i think i am very very proud of dd. she is a little miss bossy boots. and i hope we never ever crush this trait of hers. just hopefully, curb it, so she knows when to use this part of her personality.

i know i am being unreasonable. but i am still miffed at her. lol

PrincessToadstool Sun 26-Jul-09 15:22:59

hmm

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 26-Jul-09 15:24:43

Why are you miffed?

She is a child and can't realistically make you do something you don't want.

littlelamb Sun 26-Jul-09 15:25:55

1/10

sherby Sun 26-Jul-09 15:26:15

wait till she is asleep and pierce them yourself

that'll learn her

Stayingsunnygirl Sun 26-Jul-09 15:26:39

PrettyCandles is right - who is the adult here? Firstly, if you are going to set a limit on something (like saying she can have her ears pierced when she's 16) then you have to choose a limit that you are prepared to stick to - and then you have to stick to it!!!

And you don't get a piercing you don't want because she insists. You say 'No!' If she wants a tattoo, will you get one for her research purposes??

You need to start setting some realistic boundaries and taking control of the situation, otherwise she will end up running your life and probably ruining hers!

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Jul-09 15:33:23

Message withdrawn

stitchtime Sun 26-Jul-09 15:35:18

sigh. trust you all to bring me crashing down to reality.
yes, i know all the things you are saying. and i know how important and serious they all are.
yes, thats me told off
i shall now go back to my essay writing.

juicyjolly Sun 26-Jul-09 15:40:18

What a load of crap. I cannot believe this story. What parent acts so irresponsibly!
So I choose not to believe it!

Doodle2u Sun 26-Jul-09 15:42:05

II was nine when I had mine done. DD very interested in this subject (she's 6) but she has been told she has to wait until she's 16.

Explained the process to her and SHE upped the aged to 26 grin

mumeeee Sun 26-Jul-09 16:13:00

YABU. You didn't need to get yours done because she wanted you to.

DoingtheLimbo Sun 26-Jul-09 16:29:58

FGS it's just a light-hearted funny story! Can't believe everyone's taking everything so seriously and not seeing the humourous side. Even if you don't find it funny, cries of troll are a little OTT considering Stitch is a long-time MN'er...

Chin up Stitch and good luck with your essay

<am regular name-changer btw not stalker grin>

edam Sun 26-Jul-09 16:34:44

Well I thought it was funny, Stitch! Hope the essay goes well. And don't make any more bargains with dd where you might end up on the losing side - she's far too clever. grin

FranSanDisco Sun 26-Jul-09 16:37:03

Thank god there's a few mumsnetters with a soh. I know it's Sunday but can we lighten up a bit hmm

Bellsa Sun 26-Jul-09 16:44:39

Ha! you should be proud-you were right to refuse to let her and you managed to disuade her...just hope every lesson you teach her doesn't require you to get something pierced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now