Talk

Advanced search

AIBU..to hate it when people pierce their babys ears?!!

(44 Posts)
motherbeyond Sat 25-Jul-09 20:04:47

just curious.saw a baby the other day with pierced ears,couldn't have been more than a year old..went through me
what thinks ye?

AvadaKedavra Sat 25-Jul-09 20:05:54

YANBU.

Next!

jellybeans Sat 25-Jul-09 20:07:41

YANBU I don't like it, my girls had to wait till they were old enough and really sure they wanted it enough to go through it (could be traumatic to a baby).

Thunderduck Sat 25-Jul-09 20:07:45

We've had this thread several times recently.
If you search you'll find links to threads that were posted only a month or so ago.
I'm not saying that you should have known that but we've discussed it so many times that we've went over every possible aspect of this topic.

muggglewump Sat 25-Jul-09 20:08:08

YABU.
It looks pretty and my baby barely flinched smile

Thunderduck Sat 25-Jul-09 20:08:52

<bites tongue>

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sat 25-Jul-09 20:09:40

You havent been on mumsnet long have you?

It is a cardinal sin (unless done for cultural reasons), as is the administration of fruit shoots, dummies, formul feed, disposable nappies, reins, non organic non localy sourced food, McDonalds, anything not cooked entirely from scratch really, lelli kelly shoes - the list goes on grin

Seriously, i aint even gonna answer, this has been done soooo many times.

AmazingBouncingFerret Sat 25-Jul-09 20:12:13

Yabu
mine only screamed for several hours until a dose of calpol shut her up...
hmm

(I have a DS really and there are no holes in either of his ears) grin

muggglewump Sat 25-Jul-09 20:14:16

Ha Thunderduck.
I know fine well what most people think, and say.
I rarely bother with these threads because there's no point. I'm not getting involved with this one ether, but I have said what I did, and my opinion.

I'll sit back now and watch people get redder and redder, talk about child abuse and at some point circumcision, and wonder what all the fuss is about, when DD is quite happy playing, and I've got a glass of winegrin

Thunderduck Sat 25-Jul-09 20:15:49

I'm not interested in continuing this discussion either. There's nothing left to discuss.

motherbeyond Sat 25-Jul-09 20:19:38

alrighty then...cheeeshgrin

Thunderduck Sat 25-Jul-09 20:21:39

It's for your own good I promise.grin

muggglewump Sat 25-Jul-09 20:28:21

One quick thing.
It does not make me a bad mother.
If that were the case, then every mother in Indonesia/Thailand/Italy/Spain/India........etc would also be a bad parent (and when the posts appear, are guilty of child abuse), and I doubt anyone on here thinks that.

Ok, I'm done. grin

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sat 25-Jul-09 21:07:50

yawn

glitterchick Sun 26-Jul-09 00:57:03

Motherbeyond YANBU - I personally dont like to see babies with pierced ears. I was in Claires Accessories last weeks and an 8 month old was having hers done. She was screaming the bloody shop down Completely unnecessary.

flatcapandpearls Sun 26-Jul-09 01:13:35

I don't think I have ever contributes to a baby piercing thread, it is something that makes me do that suck cold air through your teeth in a highly judgemental manner action.

Mumcentreplus Sun 26-Jul-09 01:22:07

<<gets popcorn>>...here we go...I already know I'm a badddd mama jama grin

jellybeans Sun 26-Jul-09 10:43:18

I watched some on youtube when showing DD what happens before hers being done. Every single baby really cried, my DDs thought it was really cruel.At least an older child choose it.

lljkk Sun 26-Jul-09 10:48:44

YABU. I don't like it, but it doesn't bother me, either. And it does look pretty; we do lots of things do our DC that they don't like, just so they look (and smell) nice.

motherbeyond Sun 26-Jul-09 13:27:39

i don't think it looks pretty...sorry.
i have enough trouble taking mine for jabs because they cry,and that's a neccesary evil.
i cannot even imagine holding one of my bbabies in a chair whilst someone punctures a thick flap of skin because the parent thinks "it looks pretty". crazy talk shock
reasons for causing your child pain anyone?..oo oo i know..erm because i think they'll look prettier after ?!! no dumb ass..to the back of the class with you grin

misdee Sun 26-Jul-09 13:30:40

dh made me walk very quickly asway from claires, when i heard a baby screaming and gasped loudly 'oh no, they're piercing that poor babies ears' i had just had dd4 and was very hormonal.

he thought the parents may have heard me blush

marenmj Sun 26-Jul-09 14:48:41

What I want to know is what about the fact that the holes often migrate? Growing up I had friends whose ears were pierced as babies (and SIL has pierced my niece’s ears) and almost all of them had to re-pierce at least one ear because the hole from babyhood was "in the wrong spot".

Wouldn't you want their ears to be where they are going to end up before you put earrings in?

<<says the girl who wasn't allowed to get her ears pierced until 18 years old>>

posieparkerinChina Sun 26-Jul-09 14:54:40

Why stop at ears? Get the child a nice pair of velour trousers with writing on the arse, 'designer' tees, a little make up and for good measure a punch in the face.

It's looks pretty..... I just don't know what to say as I peer downhmm

Ivykaty44 Sun 26-Jul-09 15:06:53

YANBU any type of mutilation of a babies body is sad.

i do remember the post were the MIL actually peirced the baies ears herself hmm eww

barnsleybelle Sun 26-Jul-09 15:09:49

DD won't have her ears pierced, wear nail varnish or make up until she's at least 10. Don't like to see young girls adorning themselves with falseness just to look prettier.
Having said that i'm not really that bothered what other mums think or do with regards to this, each to their own.

By the way i think dragging their soft fine hair into one of those stupid on top of the head tiny pointless pony tail things is worse than ear piercing wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now