Talk

Advanced search

to feel desperate about last night's mistake?

(220 Posts)
tryingtocometotermswithit Sat 25-Jul-09 18:08:45

Message withdrawn

2shoes Sat 25-Jul-09 18:10:09

you mad e amistake, you are human,

llareggub Sat 25-Jul-09 18:11:48

Welcome to motherhood, where the guilt never ends.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 25-Jul-09 18:12:46

I have no idea.

You made a huge mistake - as did your DH.

As long as you know you won't do it again, sort out your milk and move on.

shavenhaven Sat 25-Jul-09 18:13:25

how long did it say it would be in your system?

nellie12 Sat 25-Jul-09 18:14:09

dont worry and if there isnt enough ebm you can always give formula till you are clear again and please dont feel guilty. It was a mistake thats all.

hercules1 Sat 25-Jul-09 18:14:14

Yes, you were both stupid but you know that. You know now and the important thing is no harm done. Ds hasnt had any so deep breathes.

It has no bearing on how much you love or care for your ds.

paranoidpiggy Sat 25-Jul-09 18:14:44

Forget the milk, what if it had been a bad batch? Silly risk to take tbh

tryingtocometotermswithit Sat 25-Jul-09 18:14:46

info varies from 24 hours to 3 days depending on dose, i had small amount

notevenamousie Sat 25-Jul-09 18:15:45

Crikey. You are very honest. And I can only applaud you for that.

I hope you can sort out the differing priorities that you currently have. I would be more worried about what could have happened to your DS overnight, tbh.

I don't know what time will be enough. I suggest you check with a reliable source. Pro-BF tho I am, I would suggest that formula is better than BM with cocaine in it.

PrincessToadstool Sat 25-Jul-09 18:16:08

I'm with paranoidpiggy, the milk is secondary to the risks, surely.

GirlsAreLoud Sat 25-Jul-09 18:17:26

It's ok, DS didn't come into contact with it. It's fine. We all make mistakes.

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 25-Jul-09 18:18:11

But you didn't actually do anything that would adversely affect DS.

As a side note, a friend of mine recently adopted a child whose biological mother was addicted to heroin and took it during the pregnancy. The baby was in intensive care on methadone for over a month, but absolutely fine now. In fact more robust than my DS hmm. Obviously not advocating drug use, but don't feel guilty.

tryingtocometotermswithit Sat 25-Jul-09 18:20:23

just to address the caring for DS issue, i was in no way incapacitated - didn't feel much effect tbh - maybe means was not very strong coke. i felt more effect from the two small glasses wine and that was as you'd expect - so no problem looking after DS. went to bed as normal about 11 and DS woke at 2 for a feed which as I say was EBM.

oh god

KIMItheThreadSlayer Sat 25-Jul-09 18:20:31

Relax you took some class A drugs while looking after a small baby, its not like you gave him a fruit shoot or McDonalds.

I think SMA may be the answer till you are sure your milk is clean again

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 25-Jul-09 18:20:46

You had cocaine in the house? You took it whilst in charge of dc?

You seriously need to think about your priorities.

hercules1 Sat 25-Jul-09 18:21:37

Just googled and if I were you I'd leave it a good 3 days to be safe. Really not worth the risk. Formula is there to use.

MadamDeathstare Sat 25-Jul-09 18:22:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheProvincialLady Sat 25-Jul-09 18:24:03

Aside from the issues of guilt, irresponsible behaviour and dangerous milk (it sounds like you have learned from that mistake), it seems a bit unusual to me to say the least, that you would want to take coke when you have a 9 week old baby. I am sure that it could not be further from most people's minds.

Do you think you might have PND and/or big issues from the loss of your last pregnancy? It would be wise to talk to your GP or HV (and very unwise to tell them about the coke, I would have thought) about counselling.

paranoidpiggy Sat 25-Jul-09 18:24:35

ALso I would be very hmm of a dh who brings a little gift of coacine home to his wife 9 weeks after giving birth. I'm surprised by the mumber of people who think this is ok

hercules1 Sat 25-Jul-09 18:25:25

No one thinks it's okay but being nasty isnt going to change what's happened. THe op realises it was stupid and needs reassurance.

muggglewump Sat 25-Jul-09 18:25:31

You did something daft, you have learned from it and won't do it again.
Forget about it and move on.

TheProvincialLady Sat 25-Jul-09 18:25:46

If you want to be certain about the safety of the milk and when you can next BF your DS, TikTok or some on the breast/bottle feeding board will know.

PrincessToadstool Sat 25-Jul-09 18:25:55

Well yeah if my DP bought home cocaine I'd have gone fucking mental - still would

GirlsAreLoud Sat 25-Jul-09 18:26:06

Well done on stocking up 3 days worth of ebm when your DS is only 9 weeks, you must have an amazing supply!

Took me weeks to build up a days worth so I could have a few drinks on xmas day and DD was nearly 5 months old then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now