Talk

Advanced search

to want my oh to have a reversal just so i can satisfy my NEEEEED for another child?

(3 Posts)
chickydee Sat 25-Jul-09 15:48:30

Long story short(ish), at 19 i had a child(boy) who was adopted, and after that i physically ached for another child, so met oh, married and had dd (12). THEN I got cancer, told chemo would more than likely leave me infertile,ok thinks I, I have dd, so we get on with life afterwards.
2001 I fall pregnant with ds (7), BIG BIG shock,but i was pleased so was oh, my medical needs at the time meant i was quite ill, and dr's said no one would blame me if i aborted child, But i would never do that and i love him dearl, But cos of the huge shock oh went to have the snip a year after ds was born, something we both decided was best,Fast forward to now.......
I am desperate for a baby, oh is easy going and wouldn't be bothered if it happened, but I'm not sure he wants to make the effort to try for a reversal, and after all this time would it even work???]
We are looking at fostering, altho at the mo we don't have a spare room,(have converted cellar which dd will move to when ready).
Every day i know I cant have another makes me want it even more!!!
I ache again.....
So, aibu? I guess so really but I know alot of you will understand the feelings I have.

cocolepew Sat 25-Jul-09 15:51:13

You both decided on the snip and you say you don't have enough room for a foster child, so how will you have room for another child of your own?

chickydee Sat 25-Jul-09 15:55:04

Weell, new child would be in with us then share a room with either brother or sister, but you cant do that with foster children, they have to have their own room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now