Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be mildy peeved that my DH is doing housework?

(21 Posts)
CyradisTheSeer Sat 25-Jul-09 13:27:35

Message withdrawn

cheesesarnie Sat 25-Jul-09 13:28:55

does he have a brother?

CyradisTheSeer Sat 25-Jul-09 13:31:31

Message withdrawn

sleepymommy Sat 25-Jul-09 13:31:36

Why didn't you tell him off during the ironing? Too late now!

CyradisTheSeer Sat 25-Jul-09 13:33:35

Message withdrawn

Parmageddon Sat 25-Jul-09 13:33:58

YABU!!! Do you hire him out? I have a large ironing mountain and hoovering backlog.... grin

prettyfly1 Sat 25-Jul-09 13:41:55

urm perhaps on him doing ironing rather than spending famil time but moaning about him sorting the car etc yes you are.

IsItMeOr Sat 25-Jul-09 13:46:39

I feel your pain, as while I think you know you ABabitU, it's also very hard not to want a break if you can after a week of full on childcare.

His ironing standards sound a bit high to me - how can 4 of you possibly generate 3.5hours worth? (looks down at unironed, slightly crumpled but perfectly wearable top in bemusement). Surely he just needs to iron 5 shirts for the week and that's about it?

Why is 3 too late to go out? Don't you have any local parks where you could take the dcs for an hour to run around?

IsItMeOr Sat 25-Jul-09 13:47:45

Actually, just realised he doesn't work Fridays, so make that four shirts grin.

lambanana Sat 25-Jul-09 13:49:53

Don't you discuss on a Friday night what your plans for the weekend are?

CyradisTheSeer Sat 25-Jul-09 14:03:54

Message withdrawn

Alambil Sat 25-Jul-09 14:09:08

so why don't you do the ironing then?

why not go to the park tomorrow... or now? it's not late at all

pispirispis Sat 25-Jul-09 14:26:41

YABU my dp works 6 days a week every week and obviously needs a bit of rest on Sundays. And your dh certainly sounds like a domestic god. So you have him at home 3 days a week and he is a domestic god. No moaning allowed! (envious, moi?)

pispirispis Sat 25-Jul-09 14:29:57

Although at least you're only "mildly peeved" and not "absolutely furious" or "enraged". YANBU for that grin

sincitylover Sat 25-Jul-09 14:41:08

I think the types of things he is ironing are excessive most things can be pulled into shape and don't need ironing.

But then I don't iron anything at all.

Can always find more interesting things to do and family time is more important IMO

CyradisTheSeer Sat 25-Jul-09 14:53:41

Message withdrawn

IsItMeOr Sat 25-Jul-09 15:33:17

I liked the "mildly peeved" too pispirispis.

Cyradis - I think you definitely need to take over the ironing - that would give you loads more family time. I sincerely hope you're kidding about ironing the towels?! Nothing needs to be ironed apart from some clothes and maybe pillowcases if they've gone so crumply you'd notice it when you put your face on them and it would be so bad it would distract you from falling to sleep.

KiwiKat Sat 25-Jul-09 15:54:18

I know what you mean, Cyradis. It's got nothing to do with what he's doing, it's do with his coices. It's all about priorities - the weather's been rubbish all week, and we finally get a bit of sun and the opportunity for the family to spend some time together - and he'd rather iron a shirt. I would be so miffed in your situation too!

cheesesarnie Mon 27-Jul-09 12:38:36

my dh spends zero time with us as a family but never because of housework.he 'finds' something' to busy him.yesterday if was making a list of lists.

loobylu3 Mon 27-Jul-09 13:26:06

3 loads of washing takes 3.5 hours to iron? Are you serious? Why don't you just sort the ironing basket first so that things which clearly don't need ironing are removed?
having said all that, I think you are incredible lucky to have a DH who is willing to help out with domestic duties so much. Mine does next to nothing (although he does work a lot for hours).

notsoteenagemum Mon 27-Jul-09 13:48:36

I wouldn't complain if I were you, after the laundry mountain thread I decided to tackle mine on Saturday, it took me the whole of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and a whole Come Dine With Me omnibus, then I had to put it away.
Dh took the kids to his Mums for her to look after because he hadn't seen her this week, he came back at about 6.30 just as I was finishing asking 'Whats for Tea?' I nearly ironed himgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now