Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(3 Posts)
gnewnametoday Sat 25-Jul-09 00:03:55

My Dsis has booked a holiday for herself and her DS 15, DD 11 and Dsis's DP and his teenage DD.

Dsis has said she will take my DS 12 with them which I was absoultely thrilled and grateful about.

Problem is this: My ds is a very pleasant boy, a bit shy but very kind and happy.
But Dsis dc do not really acknowledge him much. I don't think they are bothered one way or the other if he comes on the holiday. Whereas it's a big deal to DS to be going with them.

They are really quite indulged and I'm afraid that on the holiday DS will be ignored and v. often left to one side while the other kids get on with their own thing.(This happens here at home).

Dsis is not really the type of person to make sure that other DC are happy. I have mentioned to her that my only concern is that DS might left out, to which she said she would make sure he wouldn't be. But to be honest I don't think she will notice or, dare I say care once they arrive as long as her own dc are happy.

AIBU to cancel the holiday? DS says he wants to go but I want to protect him...

sleeplessinstretford Sat 25-Jul-09 00:08:01

any adult taking someone elses child would be mindful of the fact they were without their mum/dad and go out of their way to make him happy.
YABU if you cancel-cut the apron strings, if he's happy to go then let him-he might learn to join in rather than be on the sidelines.

SolidGoldBrass Sat 25-Jul-09 00:10:03

If he wants to go, let him go. You will be doing him no favours by cancelling - in fact you will be giving him the message that he's a helpless wimp who can't cope alone and that everyone needs to indulge him, which is not a good thing for a 12-year-old to learn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now