Talk

Advanced search

to stress out over dh putting a whole Domestos Sink Pipe unblocker in the dishwasher?

(4 Posts)
cityangel Fri 24-Jul-09 23:40:44

ok so sod the how to stack debate I am really upset dh put loads of chemical undesigned for the dishwasher in it. The whole room smells of bleach. He used most of the 500ml bottle of Domestos Sink & Pipe unbloker

There is no point in getting into the should he have asked me debate as he didn't and it has to be a full moon for him to admit any wrong doing but I really need to know...

how many times will I need to run the dishwasher to remove the chemicals?

is it worth calling a Bosch engineer out to a 10 year old dishwasher?

thanks city angel

mumblechum Sat 25-Jul-09 00:25:08

Oh dear.

I'd run it through empty maybe 4 or 5 times but just on a cold wash - it's a rinsing thing isn't it rather than a hot washing thing.

MissSunny Sat 25-Jul-09 00:52:45

Message withdrawn

Granny23 Sat 25-Jul-09 00:53:19

Do not stress about this. I put drain and pipe clear stuff in the washing machine for a boil wash of whites (well, the bottle looked almost the same yellow plastic as the bleach). Clothes survived the treatment without damage and TBH the machine seemed to empty quicker after that. It is my firm belief that domestic cleaning stuffs are all the same i.e. water + a smell. You need industrial strength cleaners for drains, cookers etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now