Talk

Advanced search

To dream of seperate beds.

(63 Posts)
skybright Fri 24-Jul-09 11:41:43

After 10 years together i would love to have my own pretty bedroom,in which i could have the light on as late as i wanted and not be subjected to a sweaty farting man who makes the pillows stink and coughs in my face in his sleep.

Unreasonable do you think?

TheNatty Fri 24-Jul-09 11:42:50

i think we all feel like that sometimes

ClaudiaSchiffer Fri 24-Jul-09 11:45:44

Ha, your op made me bark with laughter. grin

I would so love my own bedroom so I could read and not have to watch blardy CSI every sodding night.

Also the stinky pillows <ugh>

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 24-Jul-09 11:48:15

YANBU

DH has slept in the spare room a couple of nights this week because I've kicked him out due to snoring. It is bliss.

Picante Fri 24-Jul-09 11:49:52

DH and I have been in separate beds for months (am pg and it was just too disturbing). It's fab and for some couples I seriously think it can be a good thing.

elliepac Fri 24-Jul-09 11:50:03

YANBU, you have just decribed the scene in my bedroom every night but I must also add duvet hogging to the list, sprawling out so i end up crushed against the wall and snoring.

I wish I had the balls to do it grin

DarrellRivers Fri 24-Jul-09 11:54:32

Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter have houses next door to each other in Hampstead, with a secret connecting door.
Now that would be great

bronze Fri 24-Jul-09 11:56:51

Oh please me too.

Add to that unwanted groping

Hows it a secret connecting door? Do you mean it's in the panelling or something because its pretty well known really isn't it

Horton Fri 24-Jul-09 11:57:35

YANBU. I want Tim and Helena's arrangement, too.

skybright Fri 24-Jul-09 11:59:56

If i had a spare room i think i would actually do it,back in my distant memory i remember loving that feeling of falling asleep in his arms and loving it if his foot brushed against mine.

Now i fight for space and am not a bloody heater for your feet to get warm angry.

I do still love him btw blush,just not between midnight and eight.

It is still a bit tabu though isn't it?

I know my inlaws sleep in seperate beds but she denies it.

skybright Fri 24-Jul-09 12:01:05

DarrellRivers,that sounds fantastic.

pagwatch Fri 24-Jul-09 12:01:46

we bought the biggest bed I have ever seen.

Often I am unaware that he is there unless he snores grin.
It is a bugger to buy bedlinen for though...

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 24-Jul-09 12:02:58

happy sharing a bed with my snoring farting man coz apparently i snore and fart as well grin

though seperate duvets would be good, as dh always seems to end up with more duvet!!

hercules1 Fri 24-Jul-09 12:03:14

I've told dh for years that as soon as we have a spare room to do this we'll be having separate rooms. I have fairly complex back to childhood issues for wanting this. No reflection on our relationship.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 24-Jul-09 12:06:01

Pag we stayed in a hotel on honeymoon that had an 8 foot bed. On the second night of our marriage we had never slept further apart! grin

DarrellRivers Fri 24-Jul-09 13:55:45

Super king size bed is the answer if you cannot afford neighbouring houses

wolfnipplechips Fri 24-Jul-09 14:09:13

YANBU but a super kingsize bed was the answer in this house, still hates the way he rumples the beautiful white sheets up with his sweat though and the snoring is a pita.

shouldweorshouldntwe Fri 24-Jul-09 14:13:28

Count me in as well. I cant say Ive had a decent nights sleep for years because of his snoring (and noisy breathing) and I am utterly utterly exhausted. Luckily weve got an unfurnished spare room and once its sorted Im moving in.

Stigaloid Fri 24-Jul-09 14:22:10

YANBU - we bought a superkingsize bed and still i dream of a room of my own - espeically when his snoring starts up......

thedolly Fri 24-Jul-09 14:22:34

YABU - if you can still have sweet dreams of pretty rooms then things aren't as bad as they seem.

MamaLazarou Fri 24-Jul-09 14:38:49

I would be cold, miserable and awake without my DH in the bed. Things may change when the baby comes.

notcitrus Fri 24-Jul-09 15:05:17

Own room is bliss! We've lived together 10 years now and always had own rooms - at first we planned to sleep in the same one but it seemed daft to keep trying given MrNC is a night-owl insomniac.

We do always cuddle in bed before I go to sleep, though.

juneybertiebottsbean Fri 24-Jul-09 15:08:06

My parents sleep in separate rooms lol, they still love each other, they just like the space since my brother and I have moved out.

Plus there's two boxer dogs in the mix lol

Bleatblurt Fri 24-Jul-09 15:09:01

Yanbu.

I have a lovely comfy king sized bed and poor DH has a single bed. We do share a room though. grin

GoldenSnitch Fri 24-Jul-09 15:14:29

We have a double bed and a king size duvet. Solves the duvet stealing issues at least..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now