Talk

Advanced search

To want more than..............................

(11 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Fri 24-Jul-09 08:55:01

the travelling to and from work to myself.

Other than that I get NO time to myself, I always have the dc around and or dh if I have a day off from work whilst the kids are at school.

If I do have time to myself at home you can guarantee that I end up doing housework.

Stigaloid Fri 24-Jul-09 09:04:30

Awww hugs I know the feeling sister. I never used to understand when I was younger why my mother took marathon baths (literally 1-2 hours a night) until I realised that it was the only time she had to herself during the day. Tea and sympathy being passed your way

TwoHot Fri 24-Jul-09 09:17:07

I wish I had that travelling time!

Lovemyshoes Fri 24-Jul-09 09:18:06

I know I may be sounding childish, they are 7 and 10, so not littlies.

Dh does get time to himself on a regular basis, all this week for instance. He went fishing Mon and Weds so had plenty of time on his own.

Lovemyshoes Fri 24-Jul-09 09:18:19

LOL TwoHot

SoupDragon Fri 24-Jul-09 09:19:27

until I put DD into nursery for a couple of days a week, I didn't even get the travelling time

hercules1 Fri 24-Jul-09 09:20:51

Why do the housework when at home by yourself? Go out!

OrmIrian Fri 24-Jul-09 09:24:31

Which is why I took up running. Loads of time to myself, fresh air and exercise. And when you get back you are seriously chilled about life.

Lovemyshoes Fri 24-Jul-09 09:31:30

hercules1, unfortunately, if I don't do the housework, it doesn't get done at all.

OrmIrian, I am far too big to even consider running at the minute, though I used to do it when I was younger and loved it, that is something to aim for.

Fairynufff Fri 24-Jul-09 10:29:06

Wish I had a pound for every woman in the country who lives like this...

Why is it that housework is invisible to men?

Laquitar Fri 24-Jul-09 10:44:46

2 years ago i had a minor op and the nurse said to me 'don't worry, you ll not stay more than two days'. And i replied 'oh i 'm not worry, i quite like it here'. blush.

Well it was heaven lying there reading magazines, with no children grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now