Talk

Advanced search

to think I may have swine flu

(10 Posts)
SingleMum01 Fri 24-Jul-09 08:46:53

has anyone any experience of what its like? I don't feel too bad, ie, I can move, but legs, back and arms a bit achy and probably feel about 60/70%. Had a bit of a sore throat and a bit of a stuffy nose. And am tired (nothing new there though!) Does this sound like it? How long does it last. Started on wed. Thanks.

Mutt Fri 24-Jul-09 08:47:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smartiejake Fri 24-Jul-09 09:35:28

We have swine flu in our house. DD1 and DH have it. DD2 and myself have not caught it (yet but think that if we were going to it would have happened by now.[fingers crossed emoticon])

Luckily niether of my LOs have had it very badly- and parcetamol and ibrufen have kept them comfortable but DD was given Tamiflu (as the doctor offered it I thought why not.) DH didn't bother but I wish he had as it has set his usually mild asthma off.

Three days down the line they are both on the way to recovery.

GiveMeChocolateNOW Sat 25-Jul-09 11:35:10

I'm in the same situ ... One of my los has had a 'bad cold' for over a week now, with cough etc, v clammy and palid skin but no temp.

I've also been feeling v v v tired on and off for over a week now (spent yesterday aftenoon and eve in bed) and slightly achy and woozy but nothing worse.

SingleMum01 Sat 25-Jul-09 16:30:10

still achy and tired - how are you GMCN? I'm convinced I've got it even though I've not got temperature and cough.

Nancy66 Sat 25-Jul-09 16:35:55

I suspect I may have had it this past week - but as they are no longer testing there's no way of knowing. I'm not a hypochondriac but am never, ever ill so that's the only reason for my suspicions.

Four days before I contracted symptoms I spent the day in outpatients at my local hospital and it was full of people coughing their guts up.

My symptoms were:

Day 1 - horrible headache and nausea
Day 2 - sore throat, hacking cough and aches and pains and no engery.
Day 3 - same as day two
Day 4 - sore throat better, aches and pains gone but still had cough
Day 5 - cough only
Day 6 - pretty much back to normal

I didn't have any throwing up or shits.

I took parectemol every 2 hours and didn't even bother to enquire about Tamiflu. I only felt truly awful for 2 days. Other half took DD away for a few days 'just in case' but she's back now and right as rain.

Nancy66 Sat 25-Jul-09 16:36:48

Correction: paracetemol every FOUR hours not two....

bibbitybobbityhat Sat 25-Jul-09 16:38:57

Why is this in AIBU?

There is an entire topic dedicated to swine flu.

Are you just trying to annoy be seen by a wider audience?

Mumcentreplus Sat 25-Jul-09 16:46:29

<<<hands bibbity some Camomile Tea>>...sounds like it to me Single...do you have a cough?..I have it at the mo I've been taking Tamiflu...but the cough remains and I still feel a bit crap..

SingleMum01 Sat 25-Jul-09 20:25:39

No, definitely no cough, just achy, tired and feeling out of sorts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now