Talk

Advanced search

to have been annoyed at stupid woman in M&S today

(13 Posts)
eandh Thu 23-Jul-09 18:12:03

had to go into town early (needed to pop to work before it opened to discuss hospital appt for dd1) anyway saw M&S had sale on so queued at 8.55 and went in at 9am, lady behind me in the childrens clothing section got the hump because I picked up some bits that were reduced to a £1 (they were a bargain 3 tops for a £1 so I picked up 2 sets 1 for dd1 and another for friends dd and then picked up 2 age 2-3 tops for dd2 and another friends dd that were also a £1 each) anyway she was huffing about picking taking all the sale stuff - ummm its a sale first come first served??

Anyway got to to the till and she is standing behind me still huffing and puffing about 'people who buy all the things' to her friend when dd1 coughed and sneezed, she then loudly told me that I should not be taking dd1 out into shops etc when she has swine flu shock Now dd1 does not have swine flu although she does has a bit of a cough and sneezing a bit. I turned round and asked if she was a doctor since she assumed dd1 had swine flu and could obviosuly diagnose her from standing behind her in a queue. She said 'no but look at her coughing and sneezing everywhere infecting all of us' I simply said that she has no temperature, has not complained of any aches/pain and is generally well in herself and eating, playing and sleeping plus moaning about shopping as normal therefore she did not have swine flu but a normal cold and that I was not that desperate to hit the M&S sale that I would take my ill child out had she had swine flu.

Grrrr rant over but I was fuming angry and she was still muttering and moaning when we left the queue stupid woman

PM73 Thu 23-Jul-09 18:18:12

Stupid woman but good on you for grabbing some good bargains.

( I obviously meant her being the stupid woman not you)

FranSanDisco Thu 23-Jul-09 18:20:58

PMSL grin. Sorry but you made me laugh. She's a loon.

WesternBelle Thu 23-Jul-09 18:22:36

Can't stand people who swipe all the good sale stuff in one go, probably to sell on Ebay instead of using it themselves, loading up their trolleys, gah, so selfish... grin

YANBU at all. However its practically the law of sales that there is a bargain-getter and a bargain-loser, alls fair in love and sales! Hence expect to meet disgruntled shoppers, ignore and be happy with your bargains. Good for you smile

As for the swine flu, that's an inspired piece of sales loser sour grapery!! Missed out on bargain so satisfies herself by publicly labelling you as diseased!

eandh Thu 23-Jul-09 18:23:50

not sure if she more annoyed that I got the £1 bits or if she genuinley thought dd1 was infecting the entire shops customer and staff grin

eandh Thu 23-Jul-09 18:25:28

westernbelle - lol I could not be bothered with the hassle of selling the bits on ebay although will admit that I picked up spare bits for friends children but hey ho alls is fair in love and sale bargains grin

LaurieFairyCake Thu 23-Jul-09 18:26:42

Yeah, but you missed a trick - should've said in a really chavvy voice "Yeah she has, maybe you should stand further back" and then coughed on her on the way out. grin

<bitch emoticon>

MummyDragon Thu 23-Jul-09 18:29:03

Agree with Laurie. That woman sounds ridiculous and she obviously managed to pick up some bargains despite your "selfishness" wink coz she was standing behind you at the till ...

eandh Thu 23-Jul-09 18:32:21

Laurie - grin at that idea!

Mummy dragon - she did have some bits but hers cost £3 so obviously I was depriving her of an additional £2 saving winkgrin and she hardly looked the type that would be counting every single penny judge judge

Firawla Thu 23-Jul-09 19:10:16

lol she sounds pathetic
i didnt know there was a sale on m&s i hope theres still some things left tomorrow i will go and have a look grin

Ripeberry Thu 23-Jul-09 20:48:55

There are some looneys out there. I'm glad that the hay fever season is coming to an end!

raffyandted Thu 23-Jul-09 22:41:14

YANBU. She was just miffed that you got a few bargains before she did. Good on you!

hester Thu 23-Jul-09 23:00:28

YANBU but you can afford to be magnanimous. After all, YOU got the vests smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now