FattipuffsandThinnifers Thu 23-Jul-09 16:53:55

Chuck the leaflet away grin

SlartyBartFast Thu 23-Jul-09 16:55:52

i always do that blush

not good

SlartyBartFast Thu 23-Jul-09 16:56:27

and if there is no leaflet i Google it! blush

raffyandted Thu 23-Jul-09 16:57:29

YABU (but only a bit) Why be scared? Most of the side effects are minor, and if they didn't tell you about the severe ones you'd be even more scared if you got them cos you wouldn't know what was wrong with you. And you wouldn't know that you might need medical help.

sorry, that's probably scared you even more...

cyberseraphim Thu 23-Jul-09 16:57:31

I like the warning on 6 months Calpol though - about not driving heavy machinery afterwards !

bunnymother Thu 23-Jul-09 16:59:12

Sometimes some information is v helpful, though... Am thinking of how nice it would have been for the GP to mention that thrush is a common side effect of the anti biotic she prescribed and that it could (and did!!) impact my breastfeeding angry

2shoes Thu 23-Jul-09 16:59:23

it says if you get severe diahrear you have ro ring A&E yikes...I can't even spell it

SlartyBartFast Thu 23-Jul-09 17:00:16

but you wouldnt leave severe diarrhoea anyway would you?

Momdeguerre Thu 23-Jul-09 17:03:00

Just about anything can have side effects - they only warning you of the worst case scenario - I have a MIl who does much the same about everything 'Don't walk to the park, a car might be driving along, lose control and run you over' 'Don't chew gum, you might tip back on your chair and accidently choke to death' Etc etc, terrible story for every possible tenuous situation.

Antibiotics are pretty safe - probably have an many side effects from an untreated infection.

WarhammerFan Thu 23-Jul-09 17:05:03

2shoes - What antibiotic is it? And why has it been prescribed?

I'm also on antibiotics, for the first time ever.

FattipuffsandThinnifers Thu 23-Jul-09 17:20:22

Cyber, Tixylix has a warning about not drinking alcohol too. Certainly stopped me in my tracks when I was thinking I'd get ds to down a spoonful with a slug of whiskey.

2shoes Thu 23-Jul-09 17:36:56

CLINDAMYCIN
the dentist said it is very strong as it needs to get to the bone, I have an abssess under a crown.

Natt82 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:38:54

I always loved Feminax packaging. Meant for period pain. Dont take when pregnant.

stleger Thu 23-Jul-09 17:45:44

I didn't know you could get an absess under a crown. I have 3 crowns. Now I have a new worry!

2shoes Thu 23-Jul-09 17:59:54

well I presumed it was an absess, it is that or an infection. the dentist had an accent and I couldn't quite get what she said

Ledodgy Thu 23-Jul-09 18:26:14

Oh I know what you mean. I have just taken an acyclovoir tablet (sp) for a cold sore and have also read the leaflet. Although I did have them in 2006 witout any side effects I still panic.

I am allergic to alot of antibiotics inc. Penicillin, erythromicin and clarythromicin so when precribed anti- b's I panic even more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now