Talk

Advanced search

To ask someone in front of me at a show should sit down so we can see?

(7 Posts)
raffyandted Thu 23-Jul-09 16:08:04

To put into context, I took my 3 year old son to a jousting/medieval tournament thingy which was an outdoor event. Part of the field was roped off to make an arena for the jousting & people started gathering round about half an hour prior to the joust starting, obviously to get a good view. Everone was sitting on the ground, or standing, but most of the people at the front were sitting on rugs etc

We were sitting about 3 rows back & could see well until this bloke & his wife decided to stand up right in front of us just before it started. My son & I (and the people behind us)couldn't see anything, so I asked him politely if he would mind sitting back down. He said no, he wouldn't as he'd paid his £12 to to be there as well as us, he wanted a good view & that was why HE'D made sure he was there in time to stand where he wanted!
I was flabbergasted & thought he was really selfish & rude. Couldn't believe a grown man would quite happily spoil a little boy's enjoyment of something that was supposed to be a family event.It really bothered me & i was quite ready to 'have a go' at him (verbally) except I wouldn't in front of my son. Was I unreasonable?

VinegarTits Thu 23-Jul-09 16:10:11

What a knobjob

YANBU

Pinkjenny Thu 23-Jul-09 16:11:30

Of course YANBU. He sounds like an idiot.

mosschops30 Thu 23-Jul-09 16:14:02

YANBU at something like this. If it was a music concert id say YABU because lots of people just sit there and moan about people standing up dancing, but is comepletely different.

Could you not have twatted something at his head, or accidentally launched your drink in his direction grin

raffyandted Thu 23-Jul-09 16:19:46

LOL at mosschops! I didn't think I was unreasonable at the time, but I'm not a very confident person so I always doubt my own judgement later. I was quite pleased when a group of about 6 older (and very shouty) boys muscled their way in front of him & his wife and started very loudly joining in all the cheering & booing. He looked a bit irritated then.

Stigaloid Thu 23-Jul-09 16:25:52

YANBU - what an idiot. Hope someone pelted him with rotten tomatoes as befitting the authentic medieval experience.

raffyandted Thu 23-Jul-09 16:53:26

Sadly, no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now