Talk

Advanced search

to photograph all my shoes and stick the pictures on the outsides of the boxes?

(48 Posts)
JohnnyTwoHats Thu 23-Jul-09 13:23:02

Or do I have a problem (quite aside from my shoe buying one, of course)?

girlsyearapart Thu 23-Jul-09 13:32:07

Are you secretly Carrie Bradshaw??
I kept all mine in their original boxes un til DH threw all the boxes away when we moved grr..

Katisha Thu 23-Jul-09 13:33:06

YABU. This only happens in the made-up world of women's magazines.

Morloth Thu 23-Jul-09 13:35:23

It sounds a bit mad, but I never let that stop me from doing anything.

I iron my sheets. Which I am aware is totally mental, but I just can't handle them not being just so.

Colonelcupcake Thu 23-Jul-09 13:35:51

if you have that many shoes and there boxes is the best place to keep them then yanbu just organisef

LightShinesInTheDarkness Thu 23-Jul-09 13:36:08

You have time - to do that? Blimey.

Some days I hardly seem to have time to blow my nose, alone take photos of my shoes.

allaboutme Thu 23-Jul-09 13:36:39

fab idea
i'd love to do it
think i am getting old though, i re-organised my food cupboards this morning

nickytwotimes Thu 23-Jul-09 13:37:02

I have descriptions on my neatly lined up boxes.
Photos are a fab idea imo.
<too much time on my hands emoticon>
YANBU

crokky Thu 23-Jul-09 13:37:57

If you want to do it, do it!

Personally I only have 3 pairs of shoes so it's not necessary for me grin.

I do like things organised, so I think it's fine, go for it!

TheVenerableUponHighGoat Thu 23-Jul-09 13:38:58

very 90's, this century everyone is doing tranparent boxes darling

claricebeansmum Thu 23-Jul-09 13:40:13

I have done this as have nowhere to store shoes apart from corner of bedroom. Saves a massive amount of faffing.

pagwatch Thu 23-Jul-09 13:42:05

I don't think you are odd. But then my best friend keeps her daughters comics in a file for future colouring oppertunities and DS2 has OCD so I am used to this stuff.grin

As long as you don't get really upset if people change the order in which you stack them then I think you are a) fine, but b) waaayyy to bored when you could be drinking mning shopping reading instead

MiniMarmite Thu 23-Jul-09 13:47:51

YANBUsmile

I wish DH would do this. He is the male equivalent of Imelda Marcos but just leaves them EVERYWHERE.

wildfig Thu 23-Jul-09 14:09:39

YANBU. You only have to do it once, it saves loads of time scrabbling around nine pairs of shoes that all say 'black court' on the label, it isn't as anal as people make out, and it reminds you about shoes you haven't worn for ages. Knock yourself out.

wasabipeas Thu 23-Jul-09 15:07:15

minimarmite, I feel your pain
DH is the same.
When we moved, I cracked and bought 7, count them 7, shoe racks from Ikea.
The bloke at the check out joked that I must have a lot of shoes.
If only... They are ALL stacked up in our utility room with DHs shoes on them, except one, which has got the DCs wellies and shoes on. My shoes get shoved under the bed with the empty suitcases

RGPargy Thu 23-Jul-09 15:34:36

I would love to do this but i dont think my one pair of shoes and one pair of trainers would warrant me doing it. Plus i dont have the boxes. Plus i can tell, just by looking, that one is a trainer and one is a shoe.

Go for it.

YANBU

sarah293 Thu 23-Jul-09 15:40:18

Message withdrawn

Chluro Thu 23-Jul-09 15:40:20

YANBU but maybe a teensy bit lacking in something in your life? have you thought of getting a dog?

I speak out out of complete envy of course, owning nothing but a pair of running shoes, some crocs (!!) and several pairs of flip flops envy

RGPargy Thu 23-Jul-09 15:41:20

Flipflops FTW!!! <3

Mintyy Thu 23-Jul-09 15:41:58

Yanbu. You have, infact, morphed into Anthea Turner.

PersonalClown Thu 23-Jul-09 15:43:22

Is it bad that I find this idea really sensible?? blush
But then I have 50 pairs of shoes all chucked into a cupboard and under the bed till DP can make my custom shoe rack!

LovingtheSilverFox Thu 23-Jul-09 16:00:19

Very sensible, am making a note of this idea for DH me to action later!

kickassangel Thu 23-Jul-09 16:06:02

YABU
personally, i love all my shoes so much, that i know them all by name & need none of this impersonal labelling. i think you need to learn to love them more.

Amiable Thu 23-Jul-09 16:07:33

Johnnytwo hats - I have done exactly the same thing!! Problem is, I usually put the shoes back in the wrong boxes anyway... grin

oldraver Thu 23-Jul-09 19:07:21

I have all my shoes and trainers in their original boxes. The current seasons ones tend to temporarily live on the shoe rack in the hall. If I didnt know which box was for which shoe Imay think of photo-ing them but I am too lazy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now