Talk

Advanced search

[I know I am] The List

(27 Posts)
marenmj Thu 23-Jul-09 11:28:04

) to hate that DD smells like the nursery on her nursery days. She just doesn't smell like "us"

) to wish my hair wasn't going white in patches (not grays, the texture is the same, the hair just has no more pigment... been that way since pregnancy). I'm 27 FFS!

) to sort of want to quit my job even though I'm not perticularly mumsy because I want to exert mommie dearest control be really involved in my daughter's first years. very pfb of me, I know.

) to wish DH didn't sweat at night. which I'm sure he totally does just to piss me off grin. And his daughter is taking after him! I can't cuddle anyone in this house! Hm... where's the cat gone...

) to think this video is really cruel and my heart aches for the little boy. I mean, I know what they're getting at, but I can't think the baby understands, in which case they are wretched selfish people (who look like a Mighty Boosh parody).

) to have bone-crushing homesickness for my sister and best friend [the rest of it meh] and that they can't see my daughter's every little milestone. I'm the one who moved away; it's my own damn fault.

) to wish DH didn't always give DD her binky. I mean, he's doing me a solid taking her off my hands so I can get some sleep, but she's a happy gal and doesn't need it unless there's a problem, K?? same goes for watching tv. <<musn't dictate how DH spends time with his baby>><<musn't dictate how DH spends time with his baby>><<musn't dictate how DH spends time with his baby>> whew.

I already know I am being pretty unreasonable, but they're just niggling things...

Feel free to add your own.

Stigaloid Thu 23-Jul-09 11:31:02

I agree with your list. I hate it when DS comes home smelling of the child minder's house or the nursery.

random Thu 23-Jul-09 11:31:57

To wish that the yolk out of my fried egg sandwich had just not dripped all over my keyboard

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Thu 23-Jul-09 11:33:01

That video is absolutely sick angry

YABU about all the dd stuff though grin

Stigaloid Thu 23-Jul-09 11:33:17

and angry at the video

marenmj Thu 23-Jul-09 11:39:09

the video is horrid isn't it? saw it flipping through channels and couldn't watch more than a minute or so.

*no children were harmed in the making my ass.

can't imagine a single scenario where I think it would be ok to leave a toddler in that level of distress just to film. sure, lots of kids have it worse, but for a fucking music video??

vanimal Thu 23-Jul-09 11:43:03

I have this one too:

To have bone-crushing homesickness for my sister and best friend [the rest of it meh] and that they can't see my daughter's every little milestone. I'm the one who moved away; it's my own damn fault.

And it's worse now I have DD2. Ugh. I want to go home. sad

Marthasmama Thu 23-Jul-09 11:44:24

Oh my God. That poor baby boy. How could any mother agree to let that happen to her child?

Wait until your dd is at school! Everything about them smells of school, even their farts.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Thu 23-Jul-09 11:44:55

oh that video is horrible!!!sadangry

poor little mitesad

Arcadie Thu 23-Jul-09 11:46:19

that video. THAT VIDEO!!!! I will have NIGHTMARES

LuluMaman Thu 23-Jul-09 11:47:33

before i click the link, give me a precis of the video so i can decide whether to open or not

Arcadie Thu 23-Jul-09 11:50:58

Don't open it - it's a little boy approx 18 months freaking out in a playpen because a truly terrifying monster is sticking its claws through the bars of the playpen trying to get him. You can't get a year old child to fake that level of terror. It's just horrible.

marenmj Thu 23-Jul-09 11:51:18

video supposedly shows the world from the point of view of a ~2 year old. Everything is scary except his mum and he is crying and terrified.

I know the scary strangers were done digitally. Knowing that doesn't make it ok.

vanimal Thu 23-Jul-09 11:54:06

omg. watched a min or so of that video. poor little child, what on earth were his parents thinking?!!! angry

CyradisTheSeer Thu 23-Jul-09 11:57:07

Message withdrawn

MrsOlf Thu 23-Jul-09 11:59:06

I'm exactly the same re homesickness and having a second child makes it much worse. I'm only 2 hours away from my mum and sisters and it's far too far. So envious of my sisters being able to pop round to each others and to my mum's with their children. sad

And the nursery smell - what is that? I have to wash DD1's hair after each nursery visit.

The video is horrid - I only watched the first few seconds. Just seeing the baby being grabbed was enough for me. angry Not nice.

marenmj Thu 23-Jul-09 12:00:44

me neither! I think that's why it stuck with me so long. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for well over a week now. I just keep thinking if I saw a child who acted that way I wouldn't be able to just stand by for a fraction of that time and there must be something wrong with all the adults around who had to have just watched him cry.

marenmj Thu 23-Jul-09 12:01:56

good to know I'm not insane, Mrsolf! DH teases me because I can smell nursery on her clothes even after they have been washed!

MrsOlf Thu 23-Jul-09 12:02:43

grin

LuluMaman Thu 23-Jul-09 12:03:30

i won;t wathc it then, thanks. what is it for though ? is at an advert?

I remember when DS was at nursery ( long time ago, he is almost 10 now!) it was a brilliant nursery, faultless in every way. except for one thing. i don;t know what wipes or soap they used but he came home smelling of something awful, like ammonia. really strong smell. we complained about it at the time. but it never stopped.

CyradisTheSeer Thu 23-Jul-09 12:07:17

Message withdrawn

LuluMaman Thu 23-Jul-09 12:08:16

MGMT? i am clearly no longer down with da kidz.

thanks for the explanation !

marenmj Thu 23-Jul-09 12:09:21

it's a music video for a band. I know the song is popular because I have heard it around on the radio/in shops. Normally I don't give a toss about music videos, but this one still bugs me long after seeing it and apparently I'm not alone.

which is good because seeing something like that on regular television (not the subscription We Do Unpleasant Things to Toddlers channel) made me really wonder if I was just being too sensitive.

junglist1 Thu 23-Jul-09 13:21:13

The worst bit was that copper with the bloody face. What kind of fucking shit mum would allow her BABY to experience that?? If you're a Mumsnetter, SORT YOUR LIFE OUT WITCH

Vegemitelover Sat 25-Jul-09 13:38:58

go to youtube and search the evian water kids ad. this is how they did the horrible MGMT one. I couldnt watch it all but i do think that its all been digitally done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now