Talk

Advanced search

to be completely peed off at DH ?

(15 Posts)
suecy Thu 23-Jul-09 10:28:16

OK, DH works in London Tues am to Thurs eve - we're 100 miles away. DD has had suspected swine flu for last 2 days, so I've been on my own with the kids.

DH hasn't yet rung me this morning to find out what kind of a night we've had or how she is this morning.

I am really angry - especially since he's found time to email me 3 things to do work-wise (I work part time for his company)

AIBU? Should I just pro-actively ring him and offer him the info that yes she seems better, but I was woken up at 4am by my son being sick all over me and my bed and I haven't slept since?!

Surely a bit of pro-active interest isn't too much to ask for?

suecy Thu 23-Jul-09 10:45:03

OK, I obviously needed a more interesting title!

I know his answer will be 'but I know you would have got in touch if anything bad had happened'

Is this good enough? Is it ok to show no pro-active concern and exist on a 'if it's important enough she'll let me know' basis???

I'm obviously wired wrong!

suecy Thu 23-Jul-09 10:45:34

OK, I obviously needed a more interesting title!

I know his answer will be 'but I know you would have got in touch if anything bad had happened'

Is this good enough? Is it ok to show no pro-active concern and exist on a 'if it's important enough she'll let me know' basis???

I'm obviously wired wrong!

suecy Thu 23-Jul-09 10:46:30

oops - sorry, double post! I'm not THAT angry!!!!

junglist1 Thu 23-Jul-09 10:49:17

YANBU FFS what's the problem enquiring after your childs health too busy is he?

mumblechum Thu 23-Jul-09 10:51:22

YANBU my dh works all over the world but always texts to see how we are if either of us is ill.

Mumcentreplus Thu 23-Jul-09 10:54:54

email him back..'thanks for the work..and just thought I'd let you know your child is growing trotters!'..he may well ring you back hmm...you and the children are just as important as work YANBU imo..but if you don't want to be arsey just call him and update him

randomtask Thu 23-Jul-09 10:56:15

YANBU. My DH often doesn't contact me during the day which annoys me (but I usually know it's because he's busy) but he always contacts me about family stuff when it's happening eg. how did osteo go? or something similar. But then I also always send him a text when DS has gone into school to tell him how he was/how his maths went in the car/he doesn't feel sick anymore, that type of thing.

So, I'd be annoyed he hadn't asked but I'd also have already let him know how the DC were.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 23-Jul-09 10:58:17

YANBU, I wouldn't necessarily expect a phone call depending when you last talked, but would at the very least expect a "how is DD doing today/how are you coping" tacked on the end of one of the work emails!

morningsun Thu 23-Jul-09 11:04:25

My dh is the same~part busy part a teensy bit self centred

e mail him "Important news about the dcs..."and see what happens

mayorquimby Thu 23-Jul-09 11:08:19

yabu, as you say yourself if you want to talk to him just ring him.
as it is your sitting their waiting for the phone to ring as though it's a test with every minute that passes validating your anger.

Stigaloid Thu 23-Jul-09 11:13:23

YANBU - am sorry you are tired and are dealing with sick kids. He should be more interested in what is going on with his children's health and with your well being. Men sometimes remove a sensitivity chip when they are apart from family i think. <<hugs>>

oldraver Thu 23-Jul-09 19:29:29

Email his back ..sorry to busy dealing with YOUR sick DC's to do any of your work

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 23-Jul-09 19:31:50

Just ring him.

allaboutme Thu 23-Jul-09 19:35:01

YANBU
if he has time to email you work queries then he has time to add a line asking how the children are
its thoughtless and i'd be cross too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now