Talk

Advanced search

dh has just walked out , and im not fussed

(16 Posts)
drlove8 Wed 22-Jul-09 21:49:55

the last week and a half he's been on holiday from his work.... and he's been getting on mt tits tbh. he's sitting about being annoying,.... hoging remote , moaning about meals i cook for him, telling me i need to get of the laptop and do house work and watching top-gear and sky sports non stop,and moaning at the kids
today we had dd4 at hospital for appointment, and he was great there, but when we got home .... the nagging started up again. ive been biting my tongue all week. so i make him his tea ( which is different to what the rest of us are having because he's a fussy git and wont eat certain foods). i shout him from the kitchen , because his tea is ready. and he's sitting on the sofa like he's waiting for me to bring it in.
fook that i think and shout him again , leave it on the kitchen table and get on with sorting the kids dinner.once they are all sitting down to eat , i try and get my own meal.
i have the laptop burning dvd on coffee table at the time and the phone rings.
its my friend who has had dd3 from last night.... she's asking if dd3 can stay over again.( our dd's are best friends) . i also childmind for her when she's at work so need to know when i next have her dd ( she works shifts)
by this time dd4 escappes from her highchair and starts to climb all over me . i have my tea on my lap, a phone im trying to hold with my chin, a laptop thats nearly falling off the table and a glass of water and dd4 ( SN) is climbing all over me and trying to kick me in the head.
i ask dh ,whos now finished his tea to help. he stand there watching, makes a comment about me not being able to put the laptop down and just stands there.
then the twat tries to take my meal from me ( its uneaten) and when i say no get dd4 he says " what do you want me to do with her" and still stands there , watching her kick lumps out me. dd2 help me and gets dd4 off me and tries to calm her down (dd2 is 13).

Dh goes to his ex-w house with ds4 , to visit ds3, whos staying with his mum at the mo.
i eventually get to eat my meal , and get tidied up, get dd4 to bed and then dd3 and friend comes home. they have decided that friend is going to stay here, instead of dd3 staying over at friends for another night.
so i phone my friend to check its ok with her , and the girls go back for pj's ect.
dh comes home when im on phone for a second time , and starts making comments and nagging, talking over my phone conversation and generally being an arse.
My friend hears one of his remarks , and asks whats going on ? so i tell her. then he goes on about " a commentary on everything he does" . wtf??? if he wasnt being an arse i wouldnt have to explain when other people have heard him ranting.
so by now im fed up and look at him and say" oh go away".- thats it nothing else, and he storms out!.
i have no idea where he's went , or what he's doing....But i dont care one jot.... im sitting here watching my tv , drinking hot chocolate with my feet up.
AIBU because i dont care,and am enjoying myself at last!grin

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 22-Jul-09 21:56:11

YANBU at all.

It must feel like you have an extra child around sometimes.

HeliumBee Wed 22-Jul-09 21:57:07

Sounds difficult -well if you are feeling OK - then YANBU - enjoy your hot chocolate!!

TimeForMe Wed 22-Jul-09 21:57:49

YANBU Lock the door and leave the key in the lock grin

taylorsmummy2004 Wed 22-Jul-09 21:58:10

Not at all!! He sounds like he isn't being what a good partner/dad should be, and expecting you to treat him like one of the children...Does he not think parenthood is a partnership,and comes with shared responsibilities?? Hope it all gets sorted out, whatever the outcome x

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 22-Jul-09 21:59:24

YANBU

ilovetrees Wed 22-Jul-09 22:00:17

I'm completely exhausted reading it all! Sounds like a complete self-absorbed jerk to me. How on earth do you cope with all that lot? You sound quite sane though with what's going on around you. Has he always been like this?

drlove8 Wed 22-Jul-09 22:03:32

yes... but he's got his own mother... and ive got enough kids of my own to look after.....i think ive got pmt - pathetic man trouble! lol .... hes just walked back in <<<< sigh, just when i was getting cosy as well>>>> . WTF???? IF you storm out, would it not have more effect if you stay out longer than 30mins?
He's growling/scowling at the tv now. think he's put out because i didnt do the text/cry/plead down the phone thing he was expecting! lol grin@ myself for not doing it!

noddyholder Wed 22-Jul-09 22:04:11

God he sounds a nightmare but your thread title really made me laugh today and its been a bad day so thank you smile

GoldenSnitch Wed 22-Jul-09 22:04:29

He sounds like a twonk! Enjoy your night off

drlove8 Wed 22-Jul-09 22:08:14

yes he can be a self absorbed jerk , as all men can....he was a soiled brat when he was a young child , from what his mum tells me.... sometimes i think he hasnt grown out of it .wink.
hot chocolate all gone , think i will open the wine ...... and ignore him some more...yummy christan slater is on tv now.... need to watch i dont start drooling too much.... dh might have another strop! lol

toddlerama Wed 22-Jul-09 22:09:16

What a drama queen he sounds! YANBU to enjoy the peace, but make friends again tonight. No need to drag it out!

drlove8 Wed 22-Jul-09 22:10:07

can i just hijack my own thread and say - mycat ..... i lurve your name .... its fecking brilliant!grin

drlove8 Wed 22-Jul-09 22:14:52

I have no intention of dragging it out, it might make him start up the nagging..... and you know whats said about silence being golden and all that wink
BUT if he does this again i'll tell his brother he peed the bed when he was drunk last week! .... well if he wants to be childish, he;s lowered the bar and its fair game !
gringringrin

Doodle2u Wed 22-Jul-09 22:15:22

"....he was a soiled brat" - that won't be helping his mood!

Can't say I'd be right fussed if I was in your shoes either! Look after yourself coz your DH sure as hell isn't going to. smile

drlove8 Wed 22-Jul-09 22:28:40

lol pmsl Doodle ! blush , spelling, ive got the letter P missing from my laptop - dd4 got to it ( think she ate it , but its a whole other thread!),and i have to go back and put the P's back on, ( i miss hitting the rubbery bit sometimes if i type too fast)..... bit appropriate though- soiled himself! lol . was supposed to be spoiled himself!. ha ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now