Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed my 4yo has just come downstrairs to gather food for the "midnight feast"

(20 Posts)
LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 20:36:42

Ahhhhh!!!

I would be a mean mummy to grab it back off them, wouldn't I?

differentID Wed 22-Jul-09 20:38:14

4 years old and planning midnight feasts?smile

not particularly mean at all.

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 20:43:47

She was sent down by her older brothers...they haven't brushed their teeth yet, but she has.

Really can't be arsed to go through the whole "hello, I'm mummy, and I'm a dentist" routine again.

cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 20:45:46

That's sweet! Have they broken up then?

differentID Wed 22-Jul-09 20:45:51

can you find a pic of someone who has really rotten teeth and pin it up in the bathroom?

maggievirgo Wed 22-Jul-09 20:47:40

oh that's sweet. I found food in my 7 yr old son's tent the other day. He has a small tent in his room. He had carrot batons and a tub of hummus I'd been wondering about.

He'd never eat that at the table!

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 20:48:17

Oh yes, Cornsilk....they have broken up. 7 weeks of no school! smile

maggievirgo Wed 22-Jul-09 20:48:51

differentID, I did see a woman chewing her gums the other day and I said to my two "you know how mummy's always nagging you to brush your teeth?? well, that lady didn't brush her teeth as much as she should have!".

mean?! moi?

TrillianAstra Wed 22-Jul-09 20:48:59

Has someone been reading Enid Blyton?

nappyaddict Wed 22-Jul-09 20:50:32

You can't deny them a midnight feast!

bigchris Wed 22-Jul-09 20:50:42

but why was it where she could get it? treats should be hidden!

cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 20:51:25

I didn't know you had a little girl Lynette - I don't know why but I thought you just had boys. smile

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 21:03:35

I have 2 boys and one girl.

The treats are well hidden - they are just uber good at finding them. (Some sort or weird 6th sence)

Last week I hid 2 bars of cadburys, wrapped in a sainsburys bag, on tehetop shelf of the mugs/glasses cupboard. They have disapeared. No one is owning up. (The DC's are blaming Dad. hmm)

There is now a lot of banging coming form DS1's room.

maggievirgo Wed 22-Jul-09 21:10:05

They'll be asking for weird thngs like pineapple chunks, and kippers.

I used to read those books, I loved them, but I thought, what no chomps, no rancheros!?

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 21:53:59

They have all fallen asleep in one bed!

On close inspection the toot hbrushes have been used. smile

GiraffesCanRunA10k Wed 22-Jul-09 21:59:54

thats sweet

teamcullen Wed 22-Jul-09 22:18:01

My son sneaked an easer egg to bed on night without us knowing. We heard him moving about at about 4am. He fell asleep with the egg in his bed, rolled all over it and was covered in melted chocolate.

In his ears, up his nose, in his hair. Not to mention the state of the bed!

We found him in the bathroom, half asleep trying to wash it off. Now the bathroom was full of chocolate!

His dad wasnt amused but I found it really funny. I know I shouldnt laugh but he looked hilarious!!

ConnieComplaint Wed 22-Jul-09 22:22:30

Awww - what great fun!!

I remember when I was wee (well, I still am but I mean younger!) wink my mum would go to the neighbours house on a Saturday night & leave my big brother looking after me.

He was about 12 which meant I must've been 9! Mum would leave Worchestor sauce crisps & lemonade for him, but I usually wasn't allowed it. It was his treat for 'babysitting' me. hmm

Unbeknown to mum he always split the bag of crisps with me & let me drink the first half of the lemonade...

those are the things I remember... the fun things... not the teeth cleaning & the knee scrubbing!!!

pollywobbledoodle Wed 22-Jul-09 22:28:20

it's part of the holiday fun!
surely if they brush their teeth well generally, the odd night isn't going to make them rot
i'd be amazed if they stay awake til midnight...my mum recently told me that our 6yo midnight feasts were at about 9.30smile

Stayingsunnygirl Wed 22-Jul-09 23:09:05

Awww teamcullen - poor lad, but it made me laugh too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now