Talk

Advanced search

to send dd to bed early with a DVD and crack open the wine?

(13 Posts)
Portofino Wed 22-Jul-09 18:16:53

Back at work today after 2 weeks holiday. Only 436 emails! I'm knackered and so it dd, and DH has gone to paris on a last minute business trip.

DD has had her tea. AIBU to stick in her our bed to watch a DVD for a little while (special treat!) and cook the Aunt Bessie's toad in the hole I found at the bottom of the freezer, whilst I squaff sip chardonnay and MN? Or is this really slatternly behaviour on my part?

LoveMyGirls Wed 22-Jul-09 18:17:50

Do it!

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 22-Jul-09 18:18:10

<<yanbu -- only if you pour me a glass>>

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 22-Jul-09 18:19:16

Tis slatternly but do it anyway

My kids are currently in front of DVD whilst I mumsnet and wait for bottle of rose to be sufficiently chilled

Enjoy the chardonnay!

Portofino Wed 22-Jul-09 18:38:22

Actually I didn't wait to open the wine! blush

<<hands out chardonnay to needy, slatternly mothers like self grin>>

McSnail Wed 22-Jul-09 18:42:31

Do it - sounds lovely. Wish I had some wine - heavily pregnant though so no wine in the house.

*eyes up partner's stubbies which are looking deliciously frosty in the fridge*

Boys2mam Wed 22-Jul-09 18:42:33

My DS1 is watching Pokemon while I chat to you lovely ladies, DS2 is busy flinging himself round his cot (I can hear him on the monitor grin) and I'm trying to bully persuade DP to get me a glass of wine so I don't have to move <<lazy emoticon>>

Fruitysunshine Wed 22-Jul-09 18:44:05

What does slatternly mean?

OrmIrian Wed 22-Jul-09 18:46:32

I would love to but am starting a strict 'no wine in the week' regime and am feeling soooo much better already!

<uncrosses fingers and sobs quietly>

GYo Wed 22-Jul-09 18:53:33

YANBU

ENJOY grin

Boys2mam Wed 22-Jul-09 18:53:33

Orm, I started that on Monday too grin

Next week, for sure x

Portofino Wed 22-Jul-09 18:56:55

I'm starting that NEXT Monday! I am. Honest.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 22-Jul-09 19:33:48

OrmIrian.....am with you in spirit but have decided that can only do this bodily once return from hols. Shall be a dry house here after the 11th August from Sunday evening to Thursday evening (can't do Sunday lunch without a glass of vino to smoothe the cooking process )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now