Talk

Advanced search

to let my dds and their friends to plaster themselves and my ds aged 4 in make up?

(15 Posts)
Jammybodger Wed 22-Jul-09 16:20:18

They are all in dd's bedroom, she is having 3 friends here for a sleepover and they are having a make up session, ds is involved and applying make up on their faces and receiving a make over from them.

I am quietly mning.

BonsoirAnna Wed 22-Jul-09 16:21:03

Sounds like fun - and they are not bothering you or destroying things!

Jammybodger Wed 22-Jul-09 16:22:11

BTW they had been out playing/cycling before this latest activity

Jammybodger Wed 22-Jul-09 16:24:01

Ds has brown foundation all over his face and blue sparkly eyeshadow on (at the latest peek)

VelvetPlum Wed 22-Jul-09 16:26:49

Your makeup? My motherly selflessness wouldn't stretch that far and I would be wibbling at the thought of makeup stains everywhere.
Other than that yanbu.

madremia09 Wed 22-Jul-09 16:31:50

as long as none of them have sensitive skin or anything...........could be sending kids home covered in rashes??? good luck grin

tattycoram Wed 22-Jul-09 16:34:03

Sounds great. My two and a half year old ds is very keen on make up. I give him pretend dabs when I am getting ready in the morning and he admires himself in the mirror

tattycoram Wed 22-Jul-09 16:34:39

I wasn't very happy when I found him about to paint his toe nails with benetint on our pale bedroom carpet though

MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 16:36:33

YANBU

Playing with make up is fun.

norksinmywaistband Wed 22-Jul-09 16:37:08

no different to face paint - not sure i would let mine do it unsupervised though, could turn into wall paint here grin

GIvePeasAChance Wed 22-Jul-09 16:37:30

The whole children and make-up makes me vom. I just feel instantly cross when I see primary school girls in make up and heels. It's wrong.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-Jul-09 16:38:50

YANBU, but you are very mad kind to let your kids play with your makeup.

DD found mine when she was little and gouged all the eyeshadows out with her fingernails. I could have cried.

Make up is fun though. I used to let DD make me up, the results were frightening!

Jammybodger Wed 22-Jul-09 16:49:35

Interesting replies thank you! Other than mascara I don't wear make up and never went through a girly phase with friends like this. DDs have different interests to mine and they have 'acquired' make up from granny, auntie, pocket money el cheapo stuff etc.

Quite pleased to see that ds was included rather than excluded from 10 y.o play though. Not q sure about activity but have given them plenty of Johnstons cleansing stuff.

I must say I wouldn't want them going out like this as agree with heels/make up on tinytots not being good.

UC Wed 22-Jul-09 16:57:11

let them get on with it. Sounds like fun to me. Then they can have a bath and see what colour it turns the water.

tattycoram Wed 22-Jul-09 17:00:09

They're just playing though aren't they, in the same way that kids want to pretend to drive or to cook. That's very different to getting them dolled up to go out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now