Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think the majority of MNers

(47 Posts)

do not know which posters are moldies and actually don't care either..

shootfromthehip Wed 22-Jul-09 15:20:46

YANBU wink

2shoes Wed 22-Jul-09 15:21:34

yabu for starting a thread that will only stir shit

melmog Wed 22-Jul-09 15:22:24

What are moldies?

BintOfBohemia Wed 22-Jul-09 15:22:48

how many years constitutes a moldie?

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 22-Jul-09 15:23:34

i'm moldy.

AvadaKedavra Wed 22-Jul-09 15:23:45

Yanbu. It's very yawntastic as a (relatively) new MNer to read all that snipey shite.

franklymydear Wed 22-Jul-09 15:24:11

I find it interesting actually that so few posters can get a thread to so many posts with so many emotions that it requires a whole new thread.

Well interesting and a little dull too

Morloth Wed 22-Jul-09 15:24:26

I think it is pretty funny that people think it matters in any way.

It is an internet message board! The people will change over time as will the culture of the board. People get bored and wander away, other people follow links from other boards and eventually lose interest themselves...

Having read the other threads quickly it does seem to be the same posters again and again whilst the majority of posters are getting on with the business of mumsnetting about whether you should have your children taken away if you give them non-organic beetroot as a healthy snack.
Whilst I can see that some posters were hurt about not being invited, the majority just.don't.care.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 22-Jul-09 15:27:42

thrus, athletes foot, mildew. fungus and mold all over the place

GentlyDoesIt Wed 22-Jul-09 15:28:09

YANBU, I have a whiff of understanding about the moldie thing and don't care to know more.

I don't think there is anything that can get rid of mould from grout

MovingOutOfBlighty Wed 22-Jul-09 15:29:29

Eh Libras? You seem to have much inside information than me (a newbie). What are you talking about. Are you a 'moldie' in disguise? (whatever that may be!)

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 22-Jul-09 15:30:25

bicarb and a toothbrush.

Nancy66 Wed 22-Jul-09 15:30:59

I couldn't give a shit how long anybody has been on the site for.

SouthMum Wed 22-Jul-09 15:31:24

YANBU - as a newish MNer I find it all rather bemusing to read thhat such a ruckus started between supposed adults.....

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Wed 22-Jul-09 15:31:31

No YANBU why can't people just get on with it. Life is to short to bear grudges.

tried that. I even thought (briefly) about buying this tile cleaner thingy I saw on a shopping channel, but it was £70 and you can buy a lot of biscuits, which take away the pain of the moudly grout, for that money.

melmog Wed 22-Jul-09 15:34:15

Can anyone actually tell me exactly what a moldy is? I feel like there's an in club at school and I don't know what's going on.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 22-Jul-09 15:37:30

you can get a sort of tippex pen for grout.

Nancy66 Wed 22-Jul-09 15:37:31

It is (I think) a Mumsnet oldie...

Besom Wed 22-Jul-09 15:37:53

melmog - at some point last year a load of them split off and went to another (closed) forum. Those that are part of the other forum are called Moldies.

You see the advanced search function melmog, it will open a world of very long threads full of spite/bitchness/upset/anger/secrets/denouncements. If you were ever a fan of Dallas you will love it. At the end you will come back and say YANBU.

VinegarTits Wed 22-Jul-09 15:38:02

I dont know which posters are moldies either, but thats because they all namechange now, dont know why if they feel they did nowt wrong

I hate moudly cheese, how can people eat cheese with mold in it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now