Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in thinking he should have been aloud to rest in bed.....

(18 Posts)
bumpsnowjustplump Wed 22-Jul-09 11:20:23

Did weekly shop yesterday and while we were going around a family was coming down towards with 4 children one of who was about 4 and sitting in the baby carrier (you know the small plastic chair.). He was asleep, looked very pale and was wrapped up tighly in a blanket...... As they walked past me (and my 5 month old baby boy and two year old daughter) I heard the daughter say....... "will we all get flu mummy now that george has it" to which the older boy (about 13) replied "yes and some people have died as well"

Now i know that they may have not been talking about their brother in the baby carrier but chances are they were and he looked very ill as well.....

Should he not be at home in bed, rather than risking spreding the illness???

I am worried for ds and dd already as they both have bad chests!!!! And poor little really looked like he should have been resting in bed...

bumpsnowjustplump Wed 22-Jul-09 11:21:30

poor little mite blush

LaurieFairyCake Wed 22-Jul-09 11:22:16

were there two adults though?

It must be hell for a single parent family to try to sort this out.

Morloth Wed 22-Jul-09 11:24:15

Maybe she really needed some groceries though. We are at home at the moment. Pretty sure it isn't swine flu (we only have blocked noses/sratchy throats) but will be doing an internet shop - the earliest delivery is tomorrow, so if I had a bunch of kids to feed I would need to go out today to sort it.

Going mad not being able to gym though...

bumpsnowjustplump Wed 22-Jul-09 11:24:19

no only one adult and 4 children oldest about 13 and youngest about 4.... I probably am bu and selfish as well because I am only worried for my children and not how others live with it....

Morloth Wed 22-Jul-09 11:25:28

Maybe she really needed some groceries though. We are at home at the moment. Pretty sure it isn't swine flu (we only have blocked noses/sratchy throats) but will be doing an internet shop - the earliest delivery is tomorrow, so if I had a bunch of kids to feed I would need to go out today to sort it.

Going mad not being able to gym though...

bronze Wed 22-Jul-09 11:25:32

you said it

Morloth Wed 22-Jul-09 11:26:18

Sorry, puter freaked as I hit post - it seems to have sent the post twice.

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 11:26:27

yabu and selfish c'est la vie

bumpsnowjustplump Wed 22-Jul-09 11:48:41

OK that told me....

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 11:54:25

YABU to be worried about your DCs cathcing it from George - you could easily cathc flu from the shooping trolly handle, or the chck out lady who apeared perfectly well.

How were they carrying the car seat, and how on earth had they fitted George into it?

Poor George. sad

And poor Georges mum haveing to deal with shopping and a poorly child.

bumpsnowjustplump Wed 22-Jul-09 11:57:02

no he wasn't in car seat he was in the plastic seat designed for babies...

famishedass Wed 22-Jul-09 12:05:52

YAB a bit U - what was she supposed to do? Leave a sick child home alone? Leave him in the car?

On the other hand, if he had a 13 year old sibling one would assume that he was old enough to care for a sick boy for one hour.

MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 12:07:13

YABU

George might have been at home with a babysitter for all you know!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 22-Jul-09 12:08:39

Ok. This is a good reminder to people - if you can at all manage it (and I know that not all can), tis very sensible to have enough in so that you can stay at home for a couple of weeks.

mosschops30 Wed 22-Jul-09 12:10:08

Really, I wouldnt leave my 13yr old in charge of ds, no way. Shes quite capable of looking after herself but no-one else.

YABU - maybe she needed to stock up on soups/paracetamol/bread/tissues etc etc. Maybe she doesnt have internet access, or a bank card she can shop online with. Maybe she has no help or support.

And you have just as much chance of catching it from the trolley than poor little George, unless you were sticking your face in his whilst he sneezed on you

famishedass Wed 22-Jul-09 12:14:34

My 13 year old often looks after her younger cousins.

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 12:14:57

Maybe he was a giant baby?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now