Talk

Advanced search

that I am really upset about not being able to be steralised because of weight?

(7 Posts)
dmmum Tue 21-Jul-09 17:21:38

I had 2 DS very close, was ill with postnatal after second and VERY STRONGLY advised to have a coil as told might not be able to proceed with 3 preg if happen too soon.

When I finally decide to go for the female snip, had to go through all reasons then told that I need to go away and loose 2 stone!

I am getting some help with weight lost, just really p'd off that they can make decisions about contraception when I am "mad" but dont help when I am sane?>?angry

TheNonIronicCathKidstonGoat Tue 21-Jul-09 17:23:28

you will be more at risk of complications if you are overweight.

so yabu but understandably so.

take care

mumblechum Tue 21-Jul-09 17:25:27

Sounds like they didn't explain things to you very well. Presumably there's a higher risk of complications with the anaesthetic if you're v. overweight?

Can't you just stick with the coil or maybe have implants for the time being?

dmmum Tue 21-Jul-09 17:42:05

They said that other consultants would do the surgery and that I am not that overweight. Was more upset that I had to go through the whole history before she just said I was too heavy.

The coil was making my periods horrible by the end. I had had it in for 5 years which was the limit.

Cant have implants as they are likely to make you put more weight on.
[sad face]

sarah293 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:44:29

Message withdrawn

famishedass Tue 21-Jul-09 17:47:09

YABU - you are at a much higher risk of complications in surgery if you are overweight. Can't your dh have a snip?

dmmum Tue 21-Jul-09 17:52:20

DH is thinking about it now. I am going to try and loose the weight to show them all! Just wanted to rant especially after the women said " do you find it easy to lose weight because as soon as you lose it he will do it!"

Duh - if loosing weight was easy I would be a size 6 by now!

I am getting some brilliant help from the weight nurse. I am getting free weight watchers for 3 months.

Just wanted blow some steam off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now