Talk

Advanced search

to be sick and tired of my dc's taking their clothes off all the time and everywhere?

(16 Posts)
JustcallmeDog Tue 21-Jul-09 14:39:23

Message withdrawn

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 21-Jul-09 14:43:03

DS2 does this. He's 5, will strip off at the earliest opportunity. I just let him get on with it TBH.

He's always been the same, sleeps in just his pants, if he goes for a wee he'll return minus his trousers, that kind of thing.

I would really just ignore it TBH. As long as they don't do it when they are out and about.

Some children just prefer no clothes I think.

JustcallmeDog Tue 21-Jul-09 14:51:33

Message withdrawn

princessmel Tue 21-Jul-09 14:54:00

ds and dd did this for a while. I think dd was about 2 then. It has stopped on the whole though.

ds is still quite often just in a t shirt and pants. He is 6.

faeriemummy Tue 21-Jul-09 15:00:24

Mine are terrible for this! Also 4 and 2 - and ds (4) encourages dd to pull on his bits! Aargh so embarrassing- and people who don't have kids are completely traumatised by the spectacle!
Hoping they grow out of it!

elliepac Tue 21-Jul-09 15:04:06

Ds (5) does this all the time. Will happily wander about naked/just pants/justn t-shirt (after toilet) for hours. Luckily he does get embarrassed in front of other people now so will always cover up when other people around! At 4 and 2 I would pick another battle because there is essentially no harm in it. Shows they are perfecty comfortable in their environment grin

FimbleHobbs Tue 21-Jul-09 15:08:51

Mine are also 2 and 4 and very keen on getting naked. Our neighbours have similar aged children (three hourses in a row) who joing in too so there are often any number of naked children running round the garden. Like you say as soon as one starts so does the other.

DD (2) got naked playing in a sandpit in public a few months ago, and I was v firm and when she refused to get dressed and stay dressed, I said we'd have to go home then.

So she walked all the way back to the car through the grounds of the castle we were visiting, naked, and without a care in the world, and so many people smiled and chuckled and said how nice to see her enjoying life, than I felt very mean by the time we got back to the car.

So I have loosened up a bit now. TBH I think what bugs me more is the random piles of clothes left all over the house and the pointlessness of me having ironed them. So if they are going to be naked they do have to put their clothes somewhere tidy.

marenmj Tue 21-Jul-09 16:34:20

I think all children go through the naked phase TBH. Myself and every last one of my siblings did this, with the youngest preferring to strip naked and then leave the house for the local park shock. Nothing for it other than just rolling with it and waiting for them to outgrow it.

When my dear grandparents had their 50th wedding anniversary we put together a slideshow of all their old photos. it was only when it was playing that we realised that in every other picture my uncles/aunt/father were in naught but pants along with all the neighborhood kids. My grandparents maintain that it's because that's pretty much what the kids wore in the summer heat grin

This was in the 50's. I happen to think us worrying about their nudity may be a product of our generation's worry about paedos and whatnot.

Perhaps you could let them each pick out a very special outfit of their own on the condition that they CANNOT take it off?

Either that or only buy them old-timey suits that button up the back grin

pagwatch Tue 21-Jul-09 16:36:26

My DS2 is naked all the time. Especially fond of trampolining which probably intrigues the neighbours. But he is lovely so ..well.. tough really grin

liath Tue 21-Jul-09 16:41:42

Mine are 4 and 2 and going through a feral naked stage (a stage which has lasted 2 years already with dd...<sigh>). They think it's a treat to go out to the shops barefoot. Lots of bit pulling goes on, too. Luckily my garden's not overlooked, I probably would feel a little uncomfortable if it was even though I know I shouldn't.

I ignore it unless it's a hot sunny day and I'm worried about sunburn but I tend to go for Path of Least Resistance on a lot of parenting matters, which I daresay will catch up with me at some point.

TheNonesuch Tue 21-Jul-09 16:42:12

Oh I know what you mean. DD1(nearly four) and DD2(nearly 2) are doing this all the time at the moment.

Their speciality is waiting until there is a knock at the door and then standing behind me scratching themselves so that the postman or whoever it is thinks that they are poor uncared for little urchins!

pagwatch Tue 21-Jul-09 16:44:31

<<Pag is wondering if she should admit that Ds2 is 12 and DD who is also mostly just in her knickers is 6>>

If it is any comfort DS1 was like this too and now aged 16 he hardly ever takes his clothes off and twangs things.

I am never really sure why small children being naked is a problem. But I am old

TheNonesuch Tue 21-Jul-09 16:56:46

Pag, for me the nakedness is not really a problem. Its more the fact that once clothes come off so does dd2's nappy which leaves me constantly cleaning wee of the floor.

But that is a wwhole other thread<sob>

pagwatch Tue 21-Jul-09 16:59:19

oh you poor thing

<<pag puts arm around TheNonesuch>>

<<also mentions thelarge babygrow back to front trick>>

<<mwahahaha>>

JustcallmeDog Tue 21-Jul-09 17:03:23

Message withdrawn

TheNonesuch Tue 21-Jul-09 17:04:28

<Nonesuch brightens up at Pags good advice and rushes off to outsmart the little ratbagsdarlings>grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now