Talk

Advanced search

To stick to my plans and go out. Help..

(12 Posts)
PrammyMammy Mon 20-Jul-09 14:31:33

Just got a text from MIL saying she is on her way through and will be here at about 3.
I am just about to leave and pick my niece up to take her to her dads house for 3 (it is a court arrangement, pretty messy so it has to be a strict 3 till 5 thing)
So i text saying that and she replies that she is on the motor way and cant go back now.
My dp is out doing shopping with DS and i can't get him on the mobile, it is off or has no signal.

What should i do?

Frasersmum123 Mon 20-Jul-09 14:33:47

Did you make an arrangement with MIL, if not I would carry on with your plans - its her look out for not ringing first.

ilovetochat Mon 20-Jul-09 14:35:20

if you havent invited her then carry on with your plans as it is important for your niece.

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 20-Jul-09 14:35:28

With FraserMum

PrammyMammy Mon 20-Jul-09 14:35:45

Nope no arrangement, didn't have a clue she was coming through, and i do the same drop off/pick up most Mondays and Wednesdays.

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-Jul-09 14:36:00

Go and do what you had planned (sounds like you have to really) and by the time it's 3pm hope that your dp is back.

Frasersmum123 Mon 20-Jul-09 14:37:00

If there is no arrangement - tough titty on her!

PrammyMammy Mon 20-Jul-09 14:39:30

I text saying i really can't wait in, and she replied saying she would wait outside until dp gets home, but she is coming to drop off a birthday present for me (for tomorrow) so i feel horrible.

Frasersmum123 Mon 20-Jul-09 14:40:21

BBut why come all that way without knowing if you are around or not. Dont let her manipulate you into feeling bad

PrammyMammy Mon 20-Jul-09 14:43:52

Gah, i need to leave. Thank you all for your quick thinking.

how come when you haven't fixed your hair for MNing there are no kirbis to be seen?

wasabipeas Mon 20-Jul-09 14:47:08

Reply saying 'really sorry, but this is a prior arrangement so I won't be home when you get there'
And leave it at that

shootfromthehip Mon 20-Jul-09 14:49:53

Can you hide a key somewhere and text her where? Then she doesn't have to sit outside?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now