Talk

Advanced search

Not to want a second baby?

(5 Posts)
annK Mon 20-Jul-09 12:46:32

I'm 38 years-old, DH is 32. It took me 4,5 years of miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy, hormones etc to finally have my DS.

Found out lately that DH mental age is actually that of an adolescent: no help in the house, goes out every Friday with mates (comes back at 6am) and basically, lives as if still a bachellor.

I work full time from home and am a mother/wife/house slave fulltime, with not a minute to myself.

I am torn because I've no energy/enthusiasm for a second baby, but I worry my DS will feel lonely in the world (am an expat in Europe and DH family is a nitemare)...

AIBU not to want any more babies?

Thunderduck Mon 20-Jul-09 12:47:57

YANBU.

There's nothing wrong with having or being an only child.

Haribosmummy Mon 20-Jul-09 12:49:27

YANBU.

Your DS will be fine as an only child.

paddingtonbear1 Mon 20-Jul-09 12:53:23

yanbu. I've never wanted a 2nd child and my dh is far more helpful than yours!
dd has occasionally said she would like a sibling but I don't think she understood that they would be a baby first, and therefore unable to play with her. The age difference if I even got pg now would be 7 years.
I am an only child myself, it's not all bad. Our families don't leave near either, but we do have friends we meet with regularly (they have kids too).

HeadFairy Mon 20-Jul-09 13:01:28

YANBU but I'd think you need to deal with your dh's behaviour too IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now