Talk

Advanced search

To laugh my head off when DH said this .............................

(27 Posts)
mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 10:25:39

'Im not being funny love but i couldnt even do you from behind in the dark at the moment' grin grin

We were talking about sex, and dh hasnt pestered me for ages, which suits me fine as am tired, big, heavy, unsexy pregnant woman. He couldnt do it at all when pg with ds, it freaked him out. Im amazed he's lasted this long (am 24 weeks).

He even mentioned how hed be burnt at the mumsnet stake, so I thought Id put it on here. grin

cocolepew Mon 20-Jul-09 10:27:03

Who said romance was dead?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 20-Jul-09 10:27:33

<gets matches>

but lol grin

duchesse Mon 20-Jul-09 10:30:21

Jeez, that's nice.

I believe that many men do not feel this way at all (mine certainly doesn't). They actually find their partners beautiful when pregnant. So yours is being the weirdo here. Tell him you're never having sex with him again unless he stops saying things like this.

HeadFairy Mon 20-Jul-09 10:32:18

Ouch! my dh is just being super grumpy and muttering about me forgetting what it* looks like...

* it being his willy! <snort>

Naetha Mon 20-Jul-09 10:34:24

I have to fend my DH off with a barge pole when I'm pregnant - bless him! As soon as that pee stick turns blue, his sex drive seems to increase tenfold!!

mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 10:35:25

duchese, Im not insulted and dont expect him to find me attractive either, Im huge, tired, pale, etc etc, I wouldnt want to have sex with me grin

I will certainly be having sex with him again when I am back to normal

TheFallenMadonna Mon 20-Jul-09 10:37:57

It wouldn't make me laugh for sure.

readyfornumber2and3 Mon 20-Jul-09 10:41:33

DP is the opposite and wont keep his hands off me lol
He said that having a big bump makes me look even more womenly hmm

Can understand why you laughed though because I cant be arsed anymore and wish he would feel like your DH lol

GoldenSnitch Mon 20-Jul-09 11:05:23

Oh for 9 months of peace.

Last thing I want when pregnant is sex when I feel tired and sick and fat and unattractive! But my DH is in the 'sexy pregnant wife' camp and says I look extra beautiful when pregnant.

He also pointed out right up to the end of my last pregnancy that you couldn't tell I was pregnant from behind hmm

Am 17 weeks now so only 23 more weeks of increasingly uncomfortable fumblings to keep him happy!!

mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:06:25

God I have an easy life grin

HeadFairy Mon 20-Jul-09 11:07:23

I would happily indulge in a bit of pre partum nookie, but I'm so flipping tired I fall asleep on the sofa every night at 9pm, stagger to bed at ten, and dh doesn't come to bed until about 11pm by which time I'm well and truly away with the fairies!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 20-Jul-09 11:10:11

mosschops grin

It is all in the tone of how he said it and you clearly know what he means and are confident in your relationship.

Three cheers for mosschops and mrmosschops.

grin

Shenaya23 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:14:17

Awww...to still have laughed at that you must have a good relationship though.

As the the increased libido for some men when their DPs are pg - maybe it's the lack of contraception?

mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:18:04

Its not because he finds me unattractive (apparently, although I dont blame him), its the thought of the baby in there hmm
And yes Bakergirl he didnt say it with any malice, we were both giggling grin

Shenaya23 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:28:56

When i was pg DH said it felt weird because there was a little voyeur in the room all the time!

Trikken Mon 20-Jul-09 11:32:22

I do think it puts some men off, as they think they're going to hurt the baby, even tho its unlikely they would. dh loves my bump too, but doesnt mind and has been quite sweet when im ill or not in the mood. glad you both giggled about it, think I would have too if my dh had said it.

fillybuster Mon 20-Jul-09 11:51:35

As long as it amused you then off course YANBU I reckon as long as you are aligned with your partner it doesn't really matter....

mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:53:49

dh will be very disappointed reading this thread, he wanted lots of posts reading 'scumbag, leave him' and 'throw his clothes out on the garden' or even 'clean the toilet with his toothbrush'

Maybe he'll realise we're all reasonable after all grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 20-Jul-09 11:56:58

Well, TheFallenMadonna didn't like it.

If you had posted that you weren't happy I am sure the leave him brigade would have been out.wink

mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:58:00

oh i missed that comment smile

I should have posted two at the same time, with different slants, one with me ROFL and one with me weeping into my weetabix

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 20-Jul-09 12:27:16

lol

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Mon 20-Jul-09 12:38:40

I think your DH is absolutely disgusting saying things like that to you. Doesn't he know how hurt you'd feel? He should feel thoroughly ashamed of himself.

If I were you I'd tell him to leave. In fact, throw his clothes into the garden and don't even let him into the house.

What a pillock. And a scumbag.

(Will that do, do you think? I'm not very good at the vitriol but I'd hate to think of your DH being diappointed at the lack of it....grin)

mosschops30 Mon 20-Jul-09 12:47:56

perfect plumprump, will show him your post first grin

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Mon 20-Jul-09 13:04:51

<curtseys>

My pleasure grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now