Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to wait for this woman to return to her car and then have a go!

(18 Posts)
lisad123 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:28:19

Out shopping with DD2 (food shopping) and once we returned to the car, heard the car alarm going off next to us. Looked over to see a small girl (about 2.5-3years) alone in the car. She was sort of asleep but coughing loads. I wait 15mins for mum to return but not before I saw her come round the corner from another shop and go into another store without a second glance.

Her and husband returned after 15 mins with another baby in arms, and bags from a shop that is a good 5 mins walk, over large bridge and round corner!! shock

I had to control myself and told them that I had waited 15 mins as they had left their child alone in the car, she was coughing and alarm was going off. ! I really wanted to say more but had dd1 with me.

Should i have just left her and driven off? AIBU??

Oh it was 21 degrees today and no windows open and she was wearing cardi

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 19-Jul-09 18:29:47

You should have phoned the police but it isn't your fault that they are idiots.

BitOfFun Sun 19-Jul-09 18:30:39

YANBU. That sort of behaviour is just insane.

VinegarTits Sun 19-Jul-09 18:30:52

i would have called the police,pair of fuckwits

what did they say?

lisad123 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:32:05

she just said sorry and got in the car!! I couldnt call police had no phone and didnt want to leave DD1 in the car wink

I got really worried as the shop shut at 4 and still no one came!!

MrsMcCluskey Sun 19-Jul-09 18:32:16

appalling
should have taken their reg number and reported them to Police
Stuupid stupid people!!

tearinghairout Sun 19-Jul-09 18:32:16

Good for you for waiting. I can't believe they weren't sheepish/apologetic/embarrassed/concerned.

As FBG say, they are idiots.

MrsMcCluskey Sun 19-Jul-09 18:32:19

appalling
should have taken their reg number and reported them to Police
Stuupid stupid people!!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 19-Jul-09 18:32:21

YANBU but I would have called police after waiting 5 mins or so. They deserve to get back to find the police waiting for them and the window broken. Idiots. I cannot understand why parents do that.

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 19-Jul-09 18:35:09

Shit. I woudl have phoned the police after 5 mins. What dirtbags.

janeite Sun 19-Jul-09 18:37:30

Idiots.

I told a woman on the bus yesterday that her daughter had dropped her sweet wrappers all over the floor (she hadn't looked at her daughter for the entire 20 minutes that I was on the bus - just sat texting: girl was about 2 and a half). She didn't even have the grace to look ashamed and just stared at me.

Reader - I judged her.

Noonki Sun 19-Jul-09 18:38:21

It's not only dogs that die in hot cars sad angry

Mamazon Sun 19-Jul-09 18:39:48

in future cll police. if they don't return by the time they get there they will open it for her

KIMItheThreadSlayer Sun 19-Jul-09 18:58:09

I think you should have called the police and reported a child alone in a car.
Poor little thing

lisad123 Sun 19-Jul-09 19:04:36

if she seemed distressed i woud have called police tbh, but as i didnt have my phone, i couldnt.

slowreadingprogress Sun 19-Jul-09 19:28:29

what a very jane-ite post janeite grin

agree with everyone. Awful, awful parents. Worse than stupid. And the two of them together, even - one of them could have stayed in the car with the other child. It absolutely beggars belief sad

good for you for staying with the little girl lisa.

flaminhell Sun 19-Jul-09 19:47:04

I am not surprised some people shouldnt be allowed near a bloody hamster never mind a child, you did a good thing, they may consider your thoughts next time they consider doing this. Just because you didnt give them what for doesnt mean they didnt understand that you had concerns about their child or what you thought of them.

You should be proud that you took the time to care.

lisad123 Sun 19-Jul-09 20:24:23

wow never had a AIBU were everyone agrees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now