Talk

Advanced search

to expect to be able to buy summer clothes in summer

(19 Posts)
MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sat 18-Jul-09 22:17:22

I have just spent the last 2 days with my DS1 looking at the Next site choosing some nice summer shorts, swimwear and a few bits a pieces. Went to place the order today and they don't have them in stock. Their sale has started and they have nothing in stock. WTF!!! They have just started the summer holidays, I have saved a bit of money so he could have some cool new clothes and they don't have them in stock. It's summer (well sort of) I want summer clothes now not when they were at school.

It's madness, pure madness. Am I really being unreasonable not to buy them earlier in the year.

BananaFruitBat Sat 18-Jul-09 22:20:11

Summer clothes in Summer? Not only are you be unreasonable, you are also being utterly ridiculous! Whatever next? Christmas not starting 'til December?

Actually, try eBay. That's how I get DS's stuff.

gigglewitch Sat 18-Jul-09 22:21:36

don't be silly. You buy summer clothes in January hmm
<not>

gigglewitch Sat 18-Jul-09 22:22:36

of course we all know what sizes our children will need in six months time....
<ahem>
grin

Kbear Sat 18-Jul-09 22:23:51

everyone knows you have to know what you want to wear and predict how big your child will be six months in advance - where is the fun in buying the clothes you want to wear tomorrow today? You need to buy them in advance, put them away and forget you actually have them on that one sunny day in August when you could have worn them.

yabu

grin

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sat 18-Jul-09 23:09:37

Cheers ladies grin

BananaFruitBat, I usually do buy from Ebay but tbh I have had such a run of shite from there I have had enough and refuse to for the moment.

DS1 who is 7 has sprouted like a bloomin' bean sprout and is in age 8/9 clothes now and I thought it would be so nice for him to choose what he wanted to wear and look cool and fashionable. I gave him the budget and we went through it all working out what he could afford etc. I am so disapointed for him.

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sun 19-Jul-09 16:10:40

I am now beginning to feel very, very, very unreasonable. Have spent a good part of today online looking for someone who does board shorts, UV tops, shorts, fisherman style hat, skate type trousers for my son and haven't found anything decent like Next had before their sale at all. Any ideas, that are not Ebay.

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 19:05:56

Peacocks. oh, and Primark. Both do (shock, horror) this season's stuff. My ds1 is same age/sizxe as yours, got him a pile of stuff from these two lovely places, all for bargain bucket prices grin

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sun 19-Jul-09 19:24:40

Cheers Gigglewitch, you are a star.

Off to Google grinIf I am not back in an hour someone send a search party grin

oldraver Sun 19-Jul-09 19:24:48

Several of the sites I by from have had the winter collections available for pre-order for a few weeks now. Next sent me their winter catalogue last week

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sun 19-Jul-09 19:31:09

Well that was quick. Peacocks only do womens and mens clothes online. Primark don't do on line. Oh! well thanks for the idea GW.

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 19:42:27

erm, oops. I missed the "need it online" bit blush
Asda? (off to check)

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 19:48:28

M&co (Mackays in a former life?!)
also debenhams?

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sun 19-Jul-09 20:15:30

Just shown him those and he was not impressed [roll eyes emoticon]

Looks like it's going to have to be a train journey into Bath or Bristol with 3 DS in tow, not my idea of fun.

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 21:27:14

oh lordy (again)
make it whichever one has Primark (was down there earlier in the year but sorry can't remember now, durr)

MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Sun 19-Jul-09 21:55:25

Now you know why I wanted it to do it online.

It's Bristol that has Primark. Will have to plan that one carefully. Train into Temple Meads, bus into shopping area, go early and get shopping done quick then lunch at the harbour where they can play in the fountains if nice (wishful thinking)

Miggsie Sun 19-Jul-09 21:58:51

Of course there are no summer clothes...they have cleared them away for the "back to school" ranges!!!!

On the last day of term I always whip DD straight into town to buy her stuff for September, as I know exactly what height she will grow over summer and therefore do not need to wait till the week before the autumn term starts when they only have stock for 9 year olds.

TheCrackFox Sun 19-Jul-09 22:02:12

It is my biggest bug bear. All the shops are now starting to stock their Autumn range. WTF, Summer hasn't even properly yet.

piscesmoon Sun 19-Jul-09 22:19:02

I hate it-I don't want to buy winter stuff until the winter. If we get another heat wave I will be looking for summer stuff.
I also hate the 'back to school notices' as soon as we break up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now