Talk

Advanced search

to feel a liitle bit smug that my very possessive ex is now fat and bald?

(23 Posts)
alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 09:59:19

I am friends with a relative of his on facebook and they posted pics of my ex on there. He has put on a couple of stone and is going bald. AIBU to feel just a little bit smug?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 17-Jul-09 10:05:37

nah, I keep wishing my exes cock would fall off grin

Yes, rise above it, but it is nice to know you are wearing rather better smile

alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 10:08:17

I mean he was never what you would call a looker, but his dad was looking good in his fifties, so i always thought he might get better with age, but really glad that he looks a bit rough grin I am going straight to hell aren't i?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 17-Jul-09 10:09:40

yep, do not pass Go and collect your pious points either grin

alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 10:12:21

grin You know the best bit is he is still only in his 20's grin Oh and all his girlfriends (including the one before me) look exactly the same! It's a bit scary!

NellyNoKnicks Fri 17-Jul-09 10:14:37

Nope this is the best part about having exes..... being able to feel just that bit smug about them when they get fat and bald

randomtask Fri 17-Jul-09 10:15:51

As long as you don't mention it in RL I'm sure it's fine.

Personally, (and I don't have any nasty ex's so I must be really bad), I like seeing an ex and not finding them attractive anymore. The added bonus of fatter and balding would probably make me slightly smug too. [hopes none of her ex's ever think 'ha she's fatter than she was' and skulks away with slight guilt]...

alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 10:18:55

Well, this is it, i am fatter, but i am also happily married with a lovely little girl, and he is still going on holiday with his mum grin

MoChan Fri 17-Jul-09 10:21:38

I'd be secretly smug about it. Enjoy...

alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 10:25:32

I just want to point out i am normally lovely and not a bitch at all, but felt i had to let my smugness out somewhere

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 17-Jul-09 10:41:06

YANBU

indeed YAB V V V R

When I was 19 I dated a chap and we talked about getting engaed etc etc etc (I was a very young 19, as was he). howwever eventually we parted mainly as his Mummy woudon't let him out to play more that once every few months (FFS).

Last Spring I attended my sister's Christening and he was having his child Baptised also, and I happened to pop outside3 to settle baby same time as him.

Apparently I ruined his life as much as the woman who left him taking their child a few years before hmm

Nutjob.

Fortunately I, dismisser of things effort related, was looking pretty good (for me) and was in that confident zone. he on the toehr hand was looking- erm shall we say large and beer addled

wolfnipplechips Fri 17-Jul-09 10:42:39

YANBU it is the only good thing about facebook.

alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 10:45:27

grin I am glad i'm not the only one.

Last i heard from him he was trying to show off (via text hmm) about how him and 'The Doctor' were getting ingaged, err, ok good luck, now please don't ever contact me again

supagirl Fri 17-Jul-09 10:45:40

oooh no, yanbu at all!

I bumped into a controlling and nasty ex in Tesco once - I was glammed up for a night out and just nipping in for a bottle of wine to take to a friends so was looking better than I sually would in Tesco and he looked AWFUL!

He had gained weight, had greasy hair that needed a cut and just looked done in.

I know it sounds bitchy but it made my night, especially as he used to put me down all the time we were together, compare me to other women etc etc.

I thought "Thank god I escaped!!!" wink

Frasersmum123 Fri 17-Jul-09 10:49:31

YANBU - its what FB is for!

MoChan Fri 17-Jul-09 10:54:46

I am also incredibly lovely grin but I'd still feel smug about it.

SarahL2 Fri 17-Jul-09 10:55:50

I saw a pic of my ex on facebook. He'd always known he would go bald and when we were together he'd always said "you won't fancy me anymore when I'm bald" I had of course replied with "of course I will honey, I love you"

Anyway, he later left me for one of my "friends" making sure I knew this but denying it to everyone else to ensure I looked like a loony ex and I haven't seen him since.

Saw the photo of him on Facebook, having gone bald and thought, 'well at least he got one thing right' - he looks awful with no hair and I would definitely not have fancied him anymore grin

bleh Fri 17-Jul-09 11:43:33

YANBU.

I love it when this happens.
The ex who completely broke my heart and devastated me, etc. etc. was then broken up with and devastated by two subsequent girlfriends, and is now single. And got a lot fatter. And isn't as hot.

G-d bless Facebook.

MadameOvary Fri 17-Jul-09 11:48:18

YANBU
My horrible ex was already fat and balding when i was with him, he is only going to get rougher looking and his 18 yrs younger partner is going to be looking elsewhere soon methinks.

Whereas I am thinner and have great hair grin

alicecrail Fri 17-Jul-09 12:38:28

grin

womblingfree Fri 17-Jul-09 22:38:04

Nope - my ex has a pic on Friends Reunited of him all dolled up in a tux.

Unfortunately he is now bald as a coot and in this pic sporting a rather scary looking grin, so suspect he's not really portaying the image he was aiming for.

saggyjuju Sun 19-Jul-09 19:20:06

my ex too,and even better he has a super posessive wife who gets drunk and makes a scene,how cool is that,i now have a husband who is near on perfect,big beer belly and hairy arse,but still almost perfect grin

monkeyfacegrace Sun 19-Jul-09 19:27:36

This is the only good thing about my ex-h being my DD's father, I get to see him every other week (through the window while my partner does the handover I must add!), and its hilarious that now he is living with mummy and daddy, he is living off pizza and KFC, and his mum cuts his hair, so he is looking more and more fat, greasy, and with bodged hair! Haha Im such a witch!(though its annoying that he still has women fighting over him, but I put this down to desperate women of course. Any anyway, he is due a good case of Chylamidia soon grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now