Talk

Advanced search

..to think Freecycle moderators are power crazed??!

(15 Posts)
faraday Fri 17-Jul-09 09:45:43

I sometimes wonder if these people forget the PURPOSE of freecycle, so determined are they to uphold their randomly applied and petty rules! I wouldn't mind but I get cross when I'm doing a turn out and perhaps post 4 times, amounting to say 8 items and they reject mine saying it's all got to be on ONE post. Fair enough but then mine comes out SURROUNDED by 10 separate posts from one seller selling 10 items! WTF?

Or mine has to go 'locally' first (even though I SAY it's been advertised locally but failed to be collected!)- how do you PROVE that?

And finally the bint signs off her rejection email with 'From 'x' your friendly 'y' group freecyler moderator'. No you aren't, you're a power crazed jobsworth, love.

Lovesdogsandcats Fri 17-Jul-09 10:05:32

my Freecycle is great. Anything goes apart from selling and buying, and livestock!!

Apart from that, they leave us to it, its great. Where are you, somewhere deemed to be POSH? grin

faraday Fri 17-Jul-09 10:08:02

No! A large port city along the south coast that begins with 'S'!

CMOTdibbler Fri 17-Jul-09 10:08:29

I belong to 2 Freecycle groups - one is v friendly and easy. The other is run by some power crazed mod, who has a list of rules a mile long

Lovesdogsandcats Fri 17-Jul-09 10:10:33

hmmm. I feel its a shame really, as these jobsworths are detracting from what freecycle is all about. Must have no life!! I would be emailing them to tell them that they will put people off if they carry on with their petty rules grin

andiem Fri 17-Jul-09 10:12:44

I know what you mean on my group everything has to be posted in a very particluar way or it is not accepted ie
wanted in capitals must be in title post code must be in title last time you poohed must be in title blah blah blah grin

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 17-Jul-09 10:12:56

Brighton freecycle is fab. Mods edit posts for you and post them - including compressing them all into one post if you post multip[les. How does anything get posted if they constantly bounce them back? Why would you bother?

1950smum Fri 17-Jul-09 11:26:02

my freecycle is just full to the brim of greedy people requesting expensive items such as ipods and greenhouses!
I've given up going on it now as it is just so annoying!

gardeningmum05 Fri 17-Jul-09 11:39:55

i love our freecycle here in nottingham,i have given loads away and to really nice people too.
just been gifted a garden table which i have stained and looks brand new, from a lovely couple.
even managed to break up my old table and freecycled the wood to someone else. freecycle is great grin

scampadoodle Fri 17-Jul-09 11:47:39

I know what you mean. I sometimes get snotty emails thinly veiled as polite reminders from our moderators. I feel like shouting, "I am giving stuff away, stop being so superior!"

faraday Fri 17-Jul-09 12:43:25

Yes, I think some mods buy into the idea all freecylers who are 'Offering' are middle class people who are only doing it to salve their eco-consciences thus should SUFFER a little.

freecyclemoderator Fri 17-Jul-09 12:45:44

well isn't that true?
If you weren't POSH, you'd put it on ebay!

freecyclemoderator Fri 17-Jul-09 12:45:59

;)

faraday Fri 17-Jul-09 14:16:15

lol!

Helen31 Fri 17-Jul-09 22:20:56

Not posh, just too lazy busy to ebay. But our moderator is very laid back (or at least, the one on the group I've settled on!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now