Talk

Advanced search

to get DH to cut my hair right now with the kitchen scissors?

(14 Posts)
slowreadingprogress Thu 16-Jul-09 22:10:12

My hair has suddenly got to that stage where it's just hanging there looking awful. It's quite long. Layered a good while ago, now it's just messy.

for many years I had a long sort of shoulder lenght bob

I am SOOOO tempted to get DH to do it right now. Would I be unreasonable? Would my haircut be? grin btw he is NOT a hairdresser grin

Lilyloo Thu 16-Jul-09 22:13:53

noooooooo don't do it get yourself off to hairdressers tom !

Tamarto Thu 16-Jul-09 22:16:20

There is a do it yourself mumsnet cut, there's a thread somewhere.

Tamarto Thu 16-Jul-09 22:17:19

Here

ShrinkingViolet Thu 16-Jul-09 22:18:10

DH has cut my hair for the past 20 years (and no, he's not a hairdresser). he does a mean bob, then I let it grow out to shoulder length, then he cuts it again.
Depends if you trust your DH to cut it sensibly, and if you can be guaranteed to not fall out with him if it doesn't look like how you imagined it would wink.
Wouldn't let my DH do anything other than cut in a straight line though.

Tamarto Thu 16-Jul-09 22:18:10

Disclaimergrin Not that i'm saying you should do it or anything.

ExpositionDesMains Thu 16-Jul-09 22:19:05

My DH cuts my hair for me. Looks fine.

Goober Thu 16-Jul-09 22:20:54

NO!!!!

slowreadingprogress Thu 16-Jul-09 22:21:04

wow. that's more positive than I thought grin I agree with the cutting in a straight line thing; SURE my DH can cope with that....

am off to wash hair and talk to DH

Will up-date grin

mumblechum Thu 16-Jul-09 22:21:22

My dh used to cut mine in a straight bob when we were skint. It looked fine, but he's a v. careful, deliberate sort of person. I wouldn't trust anyone to do it who wasn't going to try really hard and take their time.

LeonieSoSleepy Thu 16-Jul-09 22:22:16

Message withdrawn

ShrinkingViolet Thu 16-Jul-09 22:23:39

if you really are going through with this (and I'm not advocating it or anything), make him start with just taking a little bit off, in case he can't cut straight, and you end up lopsided and need to straighten it up yourself. It can always be cut shorter. [worried]

slowreadingprogress Thu 16-Jul-09 23:19:57

He's done it!

I am really pleased!

It actually looks quite glam!!!!

oo-er

I really couldn't be more pleased if I'd paid 40 quid at the hairdressers for this.....good old dh eh

MrsMcCluskey Thu 16-Jul-09 23:26:27

wow I didnt know so many people cut their own or each others haisr!
No wonder i ma always skint!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now