Talk

Advanced search

to be fecked off that I won't be a size 10 in time for my holiday??

(22 Posts)
BigMomma3 Thu 16-Jul-09 18:12:56

And will not be able to get into the lovely bikini that I have been day dreaming about since January!!

I have gone from a size 22 to a 16 with a lot of blips and hard work at the gym but now I have got used to being this size, I am bloody annoyed that I have not made it to my goal {so much so that I had pizza for dinner grin). AIBU to be pissed that if I had worked a bit harder and not had a few choc bars here and there, I could have done it?

We will be seeing a lot of DH's family on our holiday (to DH's country) that I have not seen for 5 years and I so wanted to look and feel good cos they are all such good looking people sad.

MayorNaze Thu 16-Jul-09 18:14:22

22 to a 16 is a lot!!! be proud of what you have achieved. if everyone looked the same the world would be a boring place.

confidence is much sexier than skinniness.

and i am a size 10 but have no tits whatsoever. bet you have a fantastic stack. go get em girl!!!

HumphreyCobbler Thu 16-Jul-09 18:16:58

make sure you have some nice clothes so you can feel confident

I am sure you ARE good looking, but if you feel beautiful you will be so!

nickschick Thu 16-Jul-09 18:17:20

I think you should be bloody proud and understand you have reached that weight through will power and not deprivation - you should enjoy foods like pizza too- everything in moderation.

MommyHasaHeadache Thu 16-Jul-09 18:18:42

Wow - I bet you look amazing!! Well done! How long did it take you and what diet were you following? I'm sure DH's family will think you look FAB!

ErikaMaye Thu 16-Jul-09 18:20:45

22 to a 16??? That's bloody brilliant!!! grin Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for such an achievement.

And I actually think the fact that you are treating yourself to "naughty" foods is brilliant as well Chocolate and pizza are good things, in moderation. But also remember that weight loss should also be a moderated thing.

Be proud of yourself, girl!!! And enjoy your holiday. x

HumphreyCobbler Thu 16-Jul-09 18:21:34

yes, you have done so well, please be glad and not annoyed

remember that if you lose it too quickly it is easier to put it back on!

Issy2008 Thu 16-Jul-09 20:10:13

BigMomma, I read your other posts about you being so proud of yourself losing the weight. I really think that's what you need to remeber- you have done so well and you'll get there. Eating choc and pizzas is normal, and I bet you'll keep the weight off because you've not startedd denying yourself everything you like! xx

canttouchthis Thu 16-Jul-09 20:14:18

there's nothing wrong with being a size 16. be realistic though, there aren't that many women who are a size 10. If you don't have the build for it, you'd look daft. I've always been a 12, and I'd look anorexic if I was a size 10 because of my build and height.

You have obviously achieved a huge weight loss to go from a size 22 to a 16, be proud of yourself and don't rush the weight loss. You will then put extra pressure on yourself, and then you'll feel stressed, and then eat more. So the cycle continues...

Enjoy your new figure and get out there and show the world what you have achieved...and enjoy the holiday!!! grin

rupertsabear Thu 16-Jul-09 20:17:44

I'm size 8 with no tits. Look shit in a bikini! Have a lovely holiday.

oliviasmama Thu 16-Jul-09 20:20:08

Well bloody done, that is an immense achievement!!!!

I'm sure all your family will agree too, super duper slimming girl, good going! [ grin]

piscesmoon Thu 16-Jul-09 20:26:38

Don't give up! It is a fantastic achievement-think of it long term and keep going.

Lizzylou Thu 16-Jul-09 20:32:11

Well done you, that is a fantastic weight loss, you feel fab.
PLease be happy with what you have achieved and be realistic about what size will be right for you.
I am currently a size 14/16, and coming down slowly (was a 16/18 a month or so ago, much smaller a year ago, bit of a yoyo, me!), but anything lower than a 12/14 and I look daft.
I am 5ft 9", broad of back and hip, big feet etc, when I was a straight size 12 people started telling me to stop losing weight, that my legs looked funny and it didn't suit me.
I know I am not made to be a size 10, not everyone is.

Lizzylou Thu 16-Jul-09 20:33:39

bet you feel fab

drlove8 Thu 16-Jul-09 23:08:59

hmm - i just dont get the size 10 thing! its much better to be the size your made to be , but be confident and sexy in your own skin,than be a miserable starving twig! .No- one enjoys going out to dinner with a gaunt person who constantly moans about eating lettice and being on a diet! ..bugger that... enjoy your life and stop thinking life will be better if i was a 10... people will love me more if i was a size 10.... truth is they wont.

MrsMcCluskey Thu 16-Jul-09 23:15:14

Size 10 is prob unrealistic
You have achieved so much dont be so hard on yourself

Montifer Thu 16-Jul-09 23:21:19

I'm sure you'll look great, there's loads of great clothes in 16 and bikinis are very overrated IMHO! How about a tankini?
When do you go on hols?

FatFree Fri 17-Jul-09 01:50:51

Well done to you, thats an amazing achievement smile

Enjoy your hols and feel proud that you have come this far.

Ineedmorechocolatenow Fri 17-Jul-09 02:04:01

Marilyn Monroe was a size 16.....

Huge congrats for shifting so much weight... it's a brilliant achievement x

rimmer08 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:40:16

i think you are worrying too much about what others think, but can understand where u are coming from. a sexy womanly shape is the way to go!!

MamaLazarou Fri 17-Jul-09 14:44:07

YABU

I bet you look gorgeous in a bikini. Hold your head high and have a fabulous time.

gardeningmum05 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:54:57

you have done tremendiously well, be proud of yourself!!
i am a size 10 and do not have the confidence to wear a bikini, if you do go for it, you will look great, shapely and womanly...go for it girl grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now