Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DC's class teacher has reet piddled me off with her pearly lipsticked lack of forethought rrrgggh!

(16 Posts)
hobbgoblin Thu 16-Jul-09 16:43:31

She sent home the class members of Y3/Y4 yesterday with the heaviest bags of books from the whole year. DS couldn't actually carry his and DD was struggling so they pass them to me, 41 weeks pregnant and without the car that particular day.

It is just so thoughtless, do you not think, to leave it until the last Wednesday and to just dump all this stuff on us parents without warning? I asked DS2's teacher last week what to expect in terms of stuff being sent home as I simply cannot struggle with big feck off cardboard models, book bags and packed lunch bags when we walk. Wish I'd asked the other two's teacher the same.

Anyway, I just think this says really bad things about the teacher's general attitude to life beyond her cosy classroom door really, or maybe that is an unreasonable assumption?

I dumped all that I could not carry back in school in a huff. I wasn't very considered, just huffy. hmm

TrillianAstra Thu 16-Jul-09 16:45:19

If you're 41 weeks pregnant I think you are entitled to be as unreasonable as you like.

But in this case YANBU.

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Thu 16-Jul-09 16:47:56

I think its because you are pg and hormonal

I hate it when they send them home with all of their crap but I dont think there would be a need to tell the parents with a letter tbh

I wouldn't hate it any less just cause I knew when it was going to happen

but I guess ou would have brought the car if you could if you knew when

tons and tons of people dont have a car at all though so telling everyone isn't going to help everyone

its just another of those end of term crappy things we have to deal with reallly

madwomanintheattic Thu 16-Jul-09 16:48:12

lol at 'reet piddled me off'

will you be able to de-streak tonight if you don't huff yourself into labour?

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Thu 16-Jul-09 16:48:46

nice to see you back in your real name triilian smile

mosschops30 Thu 16-Jul-09 16:49:32

YANBU, I think they do it to test us angry

after telling ds's teacher we were going on a fortnights holiday, she sent him home the following day with the class bear to take with him, along with wheelie case full of stinking 'bear' clothes.
This was promptly sent back to school with the message that being pg, with two already in tow me and dh did not need another toy with its own luggage unless they wanted to pay the excess baggage.

He didnt come on holiday grin

TrillianAstra Thu 16-Jul-09 16:50:42

I think a warning of 'there will be lots of stuff' is not too much to expect. Or they could send stuff home gradually.

Hi Trinity, is your silly stepson still there?

pointydog Thu 16-Jul-09 16:52:28

yabu

I like seeing my kids' stuff. You all sound miserable

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Thu 16-Jul-09 16:53:12

roffle mosschops
I am sooo glad we dont have a bear with its only bloody suitcase to spend the holidays with us
I would be sooo stressed about keeping it in one piece

I dont think 'I spent the whole holiday in bear hospital after being chewed to pieces by the family dog' would really go down well

and dd2 would be sure to spill about any mishaps

'yes mrs.* bear had a bath, he had to, mummy dropped him in her glass of wine blush

TrillianAstra Thu 16-Jul-09 16:53:49

It's not about not wanting the stuff, pointdog, it's about not wanting to have to carry it all home all at once without any warning to bring a wheelbarrow.

hobbgoblin Thu 16-Jul-09 16:53:52

Am appreciating sympathy so far in the early stages of an AIBU thread grin.

My friend had 4 children to take home on foot as she was doing the run for a couple of other parents in the same class. She was not particularly thrilled either.

The answer is staggering I feel. I am now staggering as I took a bit more home tonight and will do the last lot tomorrow. I received bemused looks from the staff as I muttered to myself in aggrievement.

madwoman, I'm going for application 2 tonight so better stay calm and wait until after the swine flu infested disco sweatathon that beckons at 6pm. So, yes, I hope so. If not I'll let Orm know how doubly livid I am. grin

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Thu 16-Jul-09 16:55:38

trillian
he has just left this afternoon
I have been cleaning shock the kitchen with radio 4 on whilst the little ones trash the frontroom wiht toys grin

Hulababy Thu 16-Jul-09 16:55:40

Generally we are not allowed/able to send it all home earlier. Our head says when stuff goes home, and work fromd isplays and school books aren't finished with til the last week either.

However, we did ask parents to send in carrier bags and they knew the bags were for work to be sent home.

If it is a lot just ask to leave some of it til the day after to send home. Most teachers and TAs won;t mind.

At DD's school we send in a box and two days before term ends everything comes home. I had another child home for tea that night and couldn't manage both so left one at school for the parents to get the next day. Was no problem.

However at 41 weeks I reckon you are fine to be annoyed abotu most things.

mosschops30 Thu 16-Jul-09 16:55:42

the teacher has been a bit arsey ever since ..... so i just sent ds with a card at the end of term in protest grin blush

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Thu 16-Jul-09 16:57:09

lol quite right oo mossy

GetOrfMoiCockroachCluster Thu 16-Jul-09 17:03:28

lolol at 'pearly lipsticked lack of forethought'.

OP - you are 41 weeks pregnant, you are allowed to be as angry as you like grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now