Talk

Advanced search

to want estate agent to send me a list of properties in my price range

(7 Posts)
dilemma456 Thu 16-Jul-09 11:00:50

Message withdrawn

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jul-09 11:03:30

oh yes I remember this, and in areas you've said you don't want, and completely ignoring your other requirements.
Why not ask to see a couple of the most expensive places they've sent you? Wander round ineffectively (don't ask any sensible questions) looking star struck. Then when they ask for feedback say "we couldn't possibly afford a house like that, but just wanted to see the inside"
They should get the message, and if they don't the owners will make sure they do

dilemma456 Thu 16-Jul-09 11:06:24

Message withdrawn

fruitstick Thu 16-Jul-09 11:06:32

Go see them, put in an offer for what you can afford. They are obliged to pass all offers onto the owners so they'll either dtop pronto or you'll grab a bargain.

Pyrocanthus Thu 16-Jul-09 11:21:07

You'd think estate agents would be becoming more realistic, but they're obviously getting desperate.

I remember: 'This is so convenient for the M40 and London.' 'But I told you I cycle to work in the town centre'.

crankytwanky Mon 20-Jul-09 14:45:10

I'm with Polarbear & Friut.

Have a day out in a mansion. The kids will love running up& down the servant's stairs!
Stepmum was an estate agent, so we did this all the time! blush

leftangle Mon 20-Jul-09 16:16:12

Mine kept sending me details of retirement flats - they would be nice and in my price range and I'd get all excited 'till I realised the catch. (I'm 30ish).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now