Katymac Wed 15-Jul-09 22:16:37

She starts at high school in September

We qualify for free transport

The journey goes

Our village
Village 3 miles to the west along A road
Back along same A road to next village over
Through 4 small villages, back past our village to school

3.3 mile Journey to school taking approx 50 minutes while they pick up other children

Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that children literally down the road (same village, same road) get a taxi door to door

I am confused & probably being unreasonable as DD will have to leave the house at about 7:15 to get to the bus stop in time sad

PotterVsCullen Wed 15-Jul-09 22:18:46

Why can they not pick up when the bus comes back throught the village?! It doesn't make any sense!

mumeeee Wed 15-Jul-09 22:24:11

I agree with PotterVsCullen. Also it is very unusual for a lcal authority to provide a taxi service if there is a school bus. Perhaps thse other children have special needs.

Katymac Wed 15-Jul-09 22:26:46

Nope

Actually 2 taxis come to one house, 1 for each child hmm

Never mind - I didn't think I was being unreasonable but I think we may drop her at school - we would leave at 8:10 rather than 7:15 which would be easier on my nerves

edam Wed 15-Jul-09 22:28:49

What a bizarre journey. Why couldn't your dd get on the bus when it comes back through your village for the last time?

mumeeee Wed 15-Jul-09 22:30:52

In that case I would phne the LEA and ask them to provide your DD wth a taxi as the bus Jourbey is much to long for her.

mumeeee Wed 15-Jul-09 22:31:14

Journey not Jerbey!

MrsMellowdrummer Wed 15-Jul-09 22:53:54

School buses often seem to work like that though. I used to have to put my 4year old on a bus at 7.50am each morning so that he could get to school in time for an 8.50am start. The same journey would take us 10 minutes in a car, but he was first on the bus that then looped backwards and forwards through loads of little villages. Some children did get taxis, but it was more for the convenience of the bus company I think.

It was a rather epic journey each day, but he coped with it, and there was no other option. He read a lot of books that year!

Katymac Wed 15-Jul-09 22:55:58

TBH despite my green tendancies - I think we will take DD - it really isn't feasible

She is struggling with so much atm - the bus might just push her over the edge

tearinghairout Wed 15-Jul-09 23:01:24

Ours have a bus journey that goes round the houses & takes 25 mins that would take 5 mins in the car, but their mates go on the bus too & they are happy. They like being on the bus, winding up the driver hmm and other diversions, listening to ipods & reading magazines & catching up with their mates.

hermionegrangerat34 Wed 15-Jul-09 23:09:44

Can't your dc share the others taxi? Have you asked their parents/LEA?

Katymac Thu 16-Jul-09 07:48:13

I will be ringing them today........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now