Talk

Advanced search

To not want to have to justify being in my pajamas at 8.30pm to someone wanting money for charity?

(25 Posts)
BintOfBohemia Wed 15-Jul-09 20:23:27

Or should that be AIBU to not want people knocking on the door at half 8pm charity mugging full stop?

I give as much to a charity of my choice as I can afford and I hate the fact that you practically have to wrestle the feckers off the doorstep...

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 15-Jul-09 20:25:26

yanbu. Did they actually ask you why you were in your nightwear? Bloody hell. I think I'd have asked "why are you asking?" or even "Does it matter to you?"

I find telling them that I cannot set up a direct debit because I am bankrupt and have no bank account is something they can't argue with grin

breakingnews Wed 15-Jul-09 20:26:17

YANBU either one..

I normally am in my pj's when I get home, but then at 8 months pregnant they are about the only comfy clothes I have...

Also I think 8:30 is a bit late to be knocking on doors for charity or selling stuff....

wolfnipplechips Wed 15-Jul-09 20:27:04

tell them you were shagging and only got up and threw something on to open the door, nosy gits.

bigchris Wed 15-Jul-09 20:28:03

oh god this reminds of one nigt when i was home alone in pjs, halfway through a bottle of wine and ended up with a direct debut a month for twenty quid to nspcc blush

BintOfBohemia Wed 15-Jul-09 20:29:32

Ha - Hecate, I also tell them that I am bankrupt (although I was discharged a year ago!) and it tends to do the trick.

He was asking if I'd just got home from work and was I just chilling out and I told him I have two babies and am about to go to bed thank you very much. Didn't deter him though.

I'm torn between thinking fund-raising is a good thing to do but hating the hard sell element. If I haven't got the cash I haven't got it and I don't need to be made to feel shitter about that by bloody arguing about it.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 15-Jul-09 20:29:41

You should have simply claimed to have swine flu. Explanation and exit strategy in one!

BintOfBohemia Wed 15-Jul-09 20:30:29

Oh wolf, I wish I'd have thought of that...

Flynnie Wed 15-Jul-09 20:31:15

Cheeky buggers!

I had this a few days after giving birth to dd2.
Opened the door, looking like the wild woman of the west in pjs and holding baby and the Postman said, 'lazy morning eh? Lucky you.'

I could've lamped him!

JackBauer Wed 15-Jul-09 20:31:21

Well patently YANBU! I am about to put my PJ's on and you have decided me!

BintOfBohemia Wed 15-Jul-09 20:33:12

Goddamit I am too polite.

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 15-Jul-09 20:34:50

We're not supposed to give our bank details on the doorstep anyway, are we?

Locally we had a case where the real charity muggers were on one road and the fake ones were following one street over, so if anyone rang for confirmation, the person on the phone would say "Ah, yes we do have reps in your area tonight".

[serious]

PS they're so rude, aren't they!

booyhoo Wed 15-Jul-09 20:36:22

hmm pyjamas, good idea bint, im off to get changed. and yanbu. i like wolfnipplechips response. grin

DidEinsteinsMum Wed 15-Jul-09 20:36:45

Yep just got into mine in vain attempt to convince ds its time for his. I'd happily get into mine in early afternoon -RL depedant. But it does make it harder to run down the street if when ds lets himself out.

Justification - to no one
if they ask - 2 words 1st words begins with S 2nd with O grin

misschatterbox Wed 15-Jul-09 20:40:17

Well as soon as we put our dds to bed, I have a bath and get in my pjs. After 7pm is my time. I once agreed to give money and then a month later they phoned to ask if I would give more. What a cheek. They way do a sales cold call, makes me want to tell them to get lost.

Greensleeves Wed 15-Jul-09 20:41:04

I told a loft insulation bloke I had swine flu yesterday

he nearly tripped and landed in the flower bed in his haste to get off the premises

booyhoo Wed 15-Jul-09 20:41:51

einsteins mum, pyjamas in the street wouldnt be anything new here, i regularly see people in the supermarket, doing their weekly shopping in jammies.

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 15-Jul-09 20:44:05

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 15-Jul-09 20:44:28

Message withdrawn

herbietea Wed 15-Jul-09 20:45:22

Message withdrawn

DidEinsteinsMum Wed 15-Jul-09 20:45:25

ahh should clarify state of my pjs - not exactly leaving much to imagination blush plus in this heat i prefer skimpy bearly covering ass type nightwear wink

Might cause a few of the old curtain twitchers dear a few heart attacks. grin

booyhoo Wed 15-Jul-09 20:46:27

shine are you playing dares tonight or something? thats twice youve done that that im aware of wink

edam Wed 15-Jul-09 20:47:19

grin at Shiny's thread confusion, just what is she suggesting you get up to in your pyjamas?

booyhoo Wed 15-Jul-09 20:50:36

well last night i was in knickers and nothing else so i do understand your point of not wanting to run up the street in your night time attire!!

mrstimlovejoy Wed 15-Jul-09 20:51:54

yanbu i was in mine at 5.00 came in from work had a shower and put pyjamas on bliss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now