Talk

Advanced search

To send this to Asda Customer Services

(12 Posts)
Bathsheba Wed 15-Jul-09 18:38:01

I don't know if I hould send this or not - is it making a big fuss over just one crappy day...??

---

We were VERY disappointed by a trip to the cafe at Asda Aberdeen Dyce on Tuesday 14th July 2009. Asda Dyce cafe has previously been a favourite of ours for both value and quality but I am horrified and disgusted at our recent experience.

1 - There was a pancake which had visible blue mould on it. When I showed it to the shop assistant she paid no attention at all to what I was saying and instead of removing it, and others from sale, she CHARGED me for it.

2 - The Child's "Mini Roast Dinner" which I bought for my 5 year old consisted of 1 slice of roast beef with conjealed gravy on it, covered in half frozen undercooked chips. No vegetables, nothing. I had expected a mini version of a roast dinner, which my daughter would have loved, instead I got cold meat and half cooked chips.

3 - My Mother had the chicken and mushroom pastry slice, which was lukewarm and has had her suffering from vomiting and diahorrea for the last 24 hours.

Genuinely up until yesterday Asda Dyce cafe has been a frequent haunt of ours - my daughter ALWAYS asks to go and, with it being the school holidays, we have previously done this on a regular basis as an activity for her. Until the local school broke up for the holidays, this cafe was mobbed at lunchtime with school children - the quality of the food and the service when the place was packed was amazingly high...!! Yesterday it was empty and the quality and service was dire.

Please try and convince us to return.

Bathsheba

moondog Wed 15-Jul-09 18:40:02

Did you pay for mouldy panckae?
Mini roast dinner?

'Please try and convince us to return.'

Why are you saying above?

pjmama Wed 15-Jul-09 18:41:03

I'd send it. They need to know if something is going wrong in a previously flourishing cafe, especially if they're likely to poison someone!

herbietea Wed 15-Jul-09 18:41:06

Message withdrawn

Nancy66 Wed 15-Jul-09 18:41:28

mention the mince - save Serenity a job.

Bathsheba Wed 15-Jul-09 18:43:12

I only discovered when I got to my table that I had been charged for the mouldy pancake - which wasn;t on my tray, I had actually handed it to the woman behind the paypoint whilst pointing out the blue mould which she didn;t acknowledge (I got my 40p back, well it was taken off my coffee when I went up for that).

The Mini roast dinner was brought out to us as they had to make it up - when I was handed it my response was "Is that it" and I was assured that was it....

I'm saying the "convince us to return" out of pure selfishness - my DD loves it there and frankly I'm not up for the fight all summer when I have to say we can't go there because its suddenly got crap....if they can assure me that their qwuality issues have been sorted out then I'll be happy to return...

sweetfall Wed 15-Jul-09 18:46:26

send it but

1) explain why you ended up paying for it ie it wasn't until I checked my receipt that I realised that I had actually been charged for the mouldy pancake

2) don't end letter with 'please try and convince us to return' but with "I would be grateful if you would confirm within the next 7 days how you plan to deal with this complaint"

3) check your spelling ie congealed not conjealed

FioFio Wed 15-Jul-09 18:50:06

Message withdrawn

sweetfall Wed 15-Jul-09 18:51:03

ROFL Fiofio

TeamEdward Wed 15-Jul-09 18:59:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tamarto Wed 15-Jul-09 19:03:28

That Asda cafe has always been crap.

Although it did do a mean big breakfast years ago.

serenity Wed 15-Jul-09 19:32:52

ASDA's having a bad day today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now